JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Refinishing ak47/smith work in Seattle or close surrounding areas

Looking to have some light AK specific gunsmithing and refinish work done to a couple of Yugo under folders so I can sell them.

Any input would be helpful

Thanks

Rob

IMG_0568.jpg IMG_0569.jpg IMG_0570.jpg

Dana at Black Hammer Arms in Tacoma does excellent work. However, you will not likely recoup the cost of the refinishing in your sale. Most AK buyers who I am aware of don't care much about some cosmetic wear. If the gunsmithing is due to a functional problem then yes I can see the need to spend money on them before a sale.

It's simple work, I just replaced the front sight post and it needs to be straightened out and aligned with the gas port. One just needs to have a simple finish on it. Otherwise they both function perfectly. I have to try to figure out what they're worth once they're ready to go.

I am not a licenced gunsmith but I have built a couple of dozen AKs. The work you have describe is not a tough job if you have the righ tooling. Which I have. As far as the finish is concerned. I would just touch up the FSB with an airbrush and Duracoat gun finish. Very durable and lasts a long time. I have an AK I built back in 03 that still has a duracoat finish job on it from back then. But remember that no finish is indestructable.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top