JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Refinishing ak47/smith work in Seattle or close surrounding areas

Looking to have some light AK specific gunsmithing and refinish work done to a couple of Yugo under folders so I can sell them.

Any input would be helpful

Thanks

Rob

IMG_0568.jpg IMG_0569.jpg IMG_0570.jpg

Dana at Black Hammer Arms in Tacoma does excellent work. However, you will not likely recoup the cost of the refinishing in your sale. Most AK buyers who I am aware of don't care much about some cosmetic wear. If the gunsmithing is due to a functional problem then yes I can see the need to spend money on them before a sale.

It's simple work, I just replaced the front sight post and it needs to be straightened out and aligned with the gas port. One just needs to have a simple finish on it. Otherwise they both function perfectly. I have to try to figure out what they're worth once they're ready to go.

I am not a licenced gunsmith but I have built a couple of dozen AKs. The work you have describe is not a tough job if you have the righ tooling. Which I have. As far as the finish is concerned. I would just touch up the FSB with an airbrush and Duracoat gun finish. Very durable and lasts a long time. I have an AK I built back in 03 that still has a duracoat finish job on it from back then. But remember that no finish is indestructable.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top