JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good morning guys,

I am waiting on a response from Ford Customs and Tim Copeland, but I was wondering if anyone else has had their Smith and Wesson refinished. I got a great deal on a no dash model 36, but unfortunately the previous owner etched their social on the frame.

Do y'all think this could be repaired? Cost efficiency is not a concern, as this is a pistol I have wanted in my collection for a while. Also, do you guys have anyone you would trust to get a high polish bluing job done near Vancouver, WA?

IMG_9010.jpeg

Man I hate seeing this ! (and have before)

Why couldn't the person have done this UNDER the grip (if they really needed to anyway)

Part of the problem I suspect will be removing the etching but hopefully it's not too deep and will not require much metal removal.

Not a huge fan either. If it is true what I have learned about the firearm, it may have been owned by an older lady. It's not terribly deep, but I'm not sure how this would fair with a sanding. Age puts it early 60s late 50s, and the action on it is like new out of the box. I don't think she fired this thing much if at all. So to me, rescuing this one would be worth it to me.

Done properly, and carefully it can be removed with little to no appearance anything was ever there. I have done similar on other metal objects with great results.

Last Edited:
Done properly, and carefully it can be removed with little to no appearance anything was ever there. I have done similar on other metal objects with great results.
I hope so, I reached out to Turnbull as well. I really want to pass down one down to one of my kids when they're older. Something about the model 36 always appealed to me as a kid.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top