JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This bug has been fixed.
Great, I think I have it narrowed down to the specific network. Lots to do still but this is a good thing.

I was getting the same pop-up when this thread was started, but I seemed to have cleared up the issue on my phone.
iPhone 6s: I cleared the my Safari history and website data in Settings, turned phone off, restarted, and haven't see it since.

Just happened to me at 6:15pm... It's done it several times over the last few days...very annoying! I'm on an iPad Gen4. comcast, wifi...
edit...And again.. twice within 30 seconds of each other at 6:23pm
edit...And again.. happening about every 5 minutes...

Last Edited:
I've got a new iPad Pro and it's been happening to me on this site several times over the last week. As a matter of fact as I was reading this thread it happened twice.

C47FF2F9-8634-488A-87D7-64409DDEBD48.png

Been following this thread. I'm on a PC and don't get it. Couple of questions when this is over if you don't mind @Joe Link ?

Wifey is on a pad but doesn't log on very often. I assume she would get it if she did?
Why doesn't a PC get this?
Is this a virus that will leave something on your phone/pad?
Is this something Amazon came up with?

I, and I imagine others, would like to hear the dirt on this "Thing" once you get it stopped. Just out of curiosity you know? :)

Thanks for all the hard work Joe.

Been following this thread. I'm on a PC and don't get it. Couple of questions when this is over if you don't mind @Joe Link ?

Wifey is on a pad but doesn't log on very often. I assume she would get it if she did?
Why doesn't a PC get this?
Is this a virus that will leave something on your phone/pad?
Is this something Amazon came up with?

I, and I imagine others, would like to hear the dirt on this "Thing" once you get it stopped. Just out of curiosity you know? :)

Thanks for all the hard work Joe.

No problem!

She would likely see it pop-up if she logged in with her iPad.
These malicious ads target specific devices so that they're not so easily identified and for other reasons. This one specifically targets iOS.
I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure it would not. Rather, I believe it's phishing for personal information.
I'm confident that Amazon has nothing to do with this.

Chances are we won't know much more than we know now once it's stopped. These types of ads are, unfortunately, all over the internet. What happens is these 'bad actors' purchase ad inventory from ad networks who literally display millions of ads per day, and then sneak in these bad ads. Due to the volume of ads served by these ad networks it can be very difficult to figure out exactly which customer(s) are doing this. What I've had to do is go through each and every one of our ad networks and try to pin down which one it is via process of elimination. I'm pretty sure I know which one it is now, and it'll be disabled until their adops team can figure out who the customer is and remove them from the network. Unfortunately this also means a fairly large drop in revenue for us, but no amount of money is worth having ads like this on NWFA.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top