JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We are unable to reproduce this bug. If you have addition information, please post it in this thread.
Device
Phone - iPhone
Browser
Google Chrome
Reactions
Went back about 5 min after posting to change the words "last year" to "a couple years ago" and it won't let me do that.

What the heck is this?
B43943E3-BA04-4F63-88CD-CCFA9E7CF313.jpeg

Not sure when the edit change happened...but you can not edit posts after 5 minutes.
If you tell em the post...I'd be happy to edit in your change.
Andy
I read this to mean there is a new rule that posts can't be edited after 5 minute. But I'm thinking about it now, does this refer to the title can't be edited after 5 minutes and not the post?

If so, it doesn't explain my problem because I can't edit the post at all. The first edit I was trying to do was in the body of the post and nothing in the title. I.e the words "last year" that I wanted to change to "a couple years ago" were only in the body of the post not the title.

My second attempt I tried to change the title only.

Both times I got an error. When I tried the change in body I got the error shown in post #1 above. When I tried to change the title I got the error shown below. I understand the title error now but not the body error.
E13DB032-2845-4010-821B-1B23F8BF7E3D.png

Last Edited:
In regards to a price drop...
I would :
Edit in a line to the sales text like :
"Price drop new price of the item is ________"
And a "strike through" of the old price.
Maybe add "Price Drop" in the title....
Andy

This 5 minute editing cut off has been true in PMs for as long as I have been on this site.

If we are talking editing within the body of text in the discussion forums, that is a new one.

Thanks for the bug report @ilikegunspdx.

That error is definitely odd, I haven't seen it before. It shouldn't have anything to do with the edit timers, and we haven't changed any of those settings in a long time. Looking into it now :)

Can you post a link to the thread?

Thanks for the bug report @ilikegunspdx.

That error is definitely odd, I haven't seen it before. It shouldn't have anything to do with the edit timers, and we haven't changed any of those settings in a long time. Looking into it now :)

Can you post a link to the thread?
It was post number 23 in this thread:

I have never run into it before. I noticed it was tied to changing text describing times (but not specific dates).

Also I wonder if it was a one off fluke in that it may have happened at exact time the 5 minute post title timer expired (total WAG on that - I don't know that it was at that specific 5 minute time) even though I was only changing body text. Ie it maybe total coincidence that I was changing words describing time.

Whatever triggers that specific error message might be a good indicator of what caused it possibly?

I've tried to reproduce this but I've been unable. If you (or anyone else) sees it again and/or has more information, please post it here :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top