JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll be dropping Robinhood after this. Such hypocrisy!

I'll be looking into an actual free trade app.

I've learned something...

Peasants can't make money and screw over big businesses that, by design, screw over peasants!

It turns out that Robinhood depends on someone else to make the trades. Guess who? Citadel, the same company that bailed out the hedge fund caught up in the short squeeze. :rolleyes:

How do you say "market manipulation?"

Redditors congratulated themselves for claiming a hedge-fund scalp, and Bloomberg's John Authers called it an act of class warfare. A more likely explanation is that trading stocks can be fun and exciting—especially when you make money at it.

So it turns out that WallStreetBets is a pretty diverse group. They have one thing in common - they hate the pay to play, insider trading, rules for thee but not for me crowd. Sounds like most of the middle, actually. They don't like when powerful people or groups collude with politicians. So of course they must be crushed. :rolleyes: Look for bailouts of the funds and prosecutions of the little guys.

Robin Hood is now saying (after the marker close, mind you, 01-28-2021/1400 hrs Pac Time).......

That tomorrow (Friday) they will allow "limited" trading in some stocks.

Aloha, Mark

Robin Hood is now saying (after the marker close, mind you, 01-28-2021/1400 hrs Pac Time).......

That tomorrow (Friday) they will allow "limited" trading in some stocks.

Aloha, Mark

Yep i got an email about an hour ago

72E23894-BA85-4B19-B213-B71B2272F2B8.jpeg

Hope I'm not beating a dead horse here
I wonder how nefarious it would be for , let's say thousands of us on this forum were to start throwing all our extra money at firearms stocks like
SWBI
RGR
VSTO
OLN
POWW

Last Edited:
I figure that even though Robin Hood has reversed course.

Well, that stop today (Thursday).......allowed many of those Hedge Fund Guys to escape.

Talk about fixing the market.
angry-must-resist-l.png

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Actually.....I did not take part in the fun. Chart is from 01-28-2021

GME.jpg

High of the day: $483.00
Low of the day: $112.25

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I wonder how nefarious it would be for , let's say thousands of us on this forum were to start throwing all our extra money at firearms stocks like
SWBI
RGR
VSTO
OLN
POWW
Why? Have any of them been targeted by short sellers?

The only reason the scheme worked with Gamestop was because the weasels on Wall Street had sold short 140% of the total shares of the company. That's more than the actual shares of stock in existence. So, when the Reddit geeks bought in forcing the price up, and the hedge funds had to cover their margin calls, there was not enough stock available for them to cover their short sales, forcing them to bid insanely high prices and take huge losses. It was a very special situation.

It wouldn't work for every stock. VSTO, for example, has been on the rise lately. It may be a good investment, but not a candidate for the kind of scheme the Reddit geeks hatched.

SWBI
RGR
VSTO
OLN
POWW
Firearm stock is fairly moot, and most of it % wise is stuck in huge investment firms hands. Very little actually exists to make any good money off of trading it. Having say 1% of ano given gun companies stock on the other hand, could pay really well in dividends. Not that you could ever acquire that much of any of their shares.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top