JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm looking for a good quality sight for my AR-15 and wanted to know what would be a good choice for $200 or under. I know EOTech and Aim Point are considered the best but I'm looking towards the Burris Fastfire 3 right now.

Thank you all for your opinions and reviews. I think I will be purchasing the Vortex Strike Fire this time around.

I've tried the TRS 25 on two rifles so far and couldn't get either to adjust to the POI. Looks like a good little sight, uses my favorite little CR2032 lithium wafer batteries, and I'm going to try them on two other rifles, just saying

Personally I'm only buying mini Eotechs in the future, they are worth every penny

huh, I have one and I love the little thing, work great, if it doesn't work, Bushnell has a two year warranty on that red dot. I also have the Bushnell Trophy 1x32 and it is an awesome sight as well.

I just got 3 of the Primary Arms micro dots on risers and we will see how they do. They were on black Friday sale for 60$.

Didn't any votes for vortex SPARC ..... My gal got me one 150bks, dialed in fast and love it! On my 9mm AR its light and easy to pick up the dot. Didn't think id like at 1st, cuz I use a PRO on my other AR but its fine both eyes open on problem. I love the lifetime warranty.... Its a keeper, both my gal and the SPARC!

image.jpg I have 2 strike fires, 1st I put one on one off my AR's, I liked it so much I bought one for my PCR. I like the most that it comes with everything to run instantly. Mount and the little magnifier, not a great magnifier but gets you on target at 100 yrds

image.jpg

I have 3 Aimpoints (Comp3, Comp4 & H-1), a Trij reflex, a FastFire 3, a Sightron 33mm tube red dot, 2 UltraDot reflex sights and an UltraDot 30mm tube red dot.

For my ~$200, I would look at Burris FF3 or 30mm tube UltraDot in an Aimpoint QD mount.
After reading this thread and then buying a Bushnell TRS-25, I retract my earlier opinion.

The TRS is excellent. Brightness smokes everything but my Aimpoints. I rocked a 3G long range stage with it set on the lowest setting. The other stages I set it b/t 5 & 7. It goes up to 11.

Have to agree with the previous poster; the Vortex and the Primary Arms are very, very good for the money....but I'd save the extra jack and get an Aimpoint Pro Patrol:

Product singleview

They can be had for very close to or just under $400 if you look around. That's going on my next AR.

So I picked up this package for my AR Which includes a Burris Fastfire III red dot mounted on top of a Burris 1-4x24 Xtreme Tactical XTR (US made model). The package also included a P.E.P.R. one piece mount. The entire package was more than the $200 requested by the OP but it has the Fastfire III and I gotta sing praises. I love it! and when I want to get accurate at longer distances the package takes care of that too!
<broken link removed>

you can get the Burris Fastfire III here for $219 with FREE shipping!
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/62...th-picatinny-mount-matte?cm_vc=ProductFinding

huh, I have one and I love the little thing, work great, if it doesn't work, Bushnell has a two year warranty on that red dot. I also have the Bushnell Trophy 1x32 and it is an awesome sight as well.

I just got 3 of the Primary Arms micro dots on risers and we will see how they do. They were on black Friday sale for 60$.

They don't seem to have much adjustment range but one of them co witnesses on my new HK52 pistol, so at least one of them has found a home. It's not a quality issue, just limited adjustment range

I bought a Vortex Sparc and after 400 rounds it still remains zeroed. Great red dot for the money. I have it absolute co-witness with my iron sights.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews