JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a rolling suitcase from eBags.

117750-2209_FRONT34.png
117750_INTERIOR%20STYLED.png

Heavy if you load it to full capacity, but works pretty well. Two side pockets and a front pocket are great for mags, and while I'd have liked more straps it works pretty well when partnered with their Packing Cubes. Won't take a 20" upper, but will happily store two 16" rifles, a pistol, AND their mags and accessories.

I have this one. Holds two rifles, 12 AR 30 round mags, pistols, their magazines, and plenty of room for other supplies with a lifetime guarantee which I know they honor as I needed to replace it. Watch videos as to what it can hold and fairly discrete.

Last Edited:
I have this one. Holds two rifles, 12 AR 30 round mags, pistols, their magazines, and plenty of room for other supplies with a lifetime guarantee which I know they honor as I needed to replace it. Watch videos as to what it can hold and fairly discrete.

I appreciate the suggestion (along with the many other suggestions from other users). My goal is to steer clear of anything remotely looking "tactical" or like a rifle case. I actually have a really nice Pelican case... but it's clear I'm either carrying a firearm or perhaps a guitar. Either one draws attention. I'm currently leaning towards the Savior Equipment bag

I have the Rackit-36 myself and bought couple of magazine holders for the case as well. It works wand use this case to take my AR to the range.

4E1B0369-4A60-4098-BEE1-1E322F76C4E3.jpeg

if you want some more discreet the buy a back pack or a large duffle bag and take the AR apart.

Last Edited:
Any basic duffle bag with sufficient length would suffice. I like using a large Milwaukie tool bag that opens on the top. Rifle either broke down or not depending on barrel length, goes in the bottom. Clothes and what not go in a separate bag on top. This #1 keeps any grease or oil off clothes and #2 lets me pull stuff out of way easily and access rifle if I want to.

Look up Savior equipment.
Lifetime warranty and a lot of bags to choose from.

Any basic duffle bag with sufficient length would suffice.

This is what I use. I usually just leave it in one piece and the muzzle sticks out a little. If that's a problem, put a sock over the muzzle. Or you could break the AR down into two halves, put one in a laundry bag, inside the duffel bag with the other half so they don't rattle around off each other. I've never spent much money on gear to carry guns around.

A friend of mine bought an AR carry case by mistake and said I could have it. Next time I'm over at his place, I'll get it. But I have no idea what it looks like.

This is what I use. I usually just leave it in one piece and the muzzle sticks out a little. If that's a problem, put a sock over the muzzle. Or you could break the AR down into two halves, put one in a laundry bag, inside the duffel bag with the other half so they don't rattle around off each other. I've never spent much money on gear to carry guns around.

A friend of mine bought an AR carry case by mistake and said I could have it. Next time I'm over at his place, I'll get it. But I have no idea what it looks like.

Yep - if people are truly trying to be discreet, any case that is oblong is going to be pretty obvious to a lot of people. If you want your gun to not look like a gun you need to change the outline of the bag. Duffle bags are very benign. When I use my duffle bag I am dealing with a 10.5" so it doesn't get broken down, a 16" would have to be in pieces with the bag I use.

I can break down my 9mm AR and fit it easily with a few hundred rounds inside of a 5.11 Rush 12 or 24 backpack. Very benign.

I can do the same with my Ruger PCC. Folds up nicely. Suppressor included.

Yep - if people are truly trying to be discreet, any case that is oblong is going to be pretty obvious to a lot of people. If you want your gun to not look like a gun you need to change the outline of the bag. Duffle bags are very benign. When I use my duffle bag I am dealing with a 10.5" so it doesn't get broken down, a 16" would have to be in pieces with the bag I use.

Agreed. Mainly my own use of the duffel bag is to protect the rifle (and any others being transported) in my car from from making contact with one another. Were I to carry it around other people, rifle broken down for sure.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top