JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a rolling suitcase from eBags.

117750-2209_FRONT34.png
117750_INTERIOR%20STYLED.png

Heavy if you load it to full capacity, but works pretty well. Two side pockets and a front pocket are great for mags, and while I'd have liked more straps it works pretty well when partnered with their Packing Cubes. Won't take a 20" upper, but will happily store two 16" rifles, a pistol, AND their mags and accessories.

I have this one. Holds two rifles, 12 AR 30 round mags, pistols, their magazines, and plenty of room for other supplies with a lifetime guarantee which I know they honor as I needed to replace it. Watch videos as to what it can hold and fairly discrete.

Last Edited:
I have this one. Holds two rifles, 12 AR 30 round mags, pistols, their magazines, and plenty of room for other supplies with a lifetime guarantee which I know they honor as I needed to replace it. Watch videos as to what it can hold and fairly discrete.

I appreciate the suggestion (along with the many other suggestions from other users). My goal is to steer clear of anything remotely looking "tactical" or like a rifle case. I actually have a really nice Pelican case... but it's clear I'm either carrying a firearm or perhaps a guitar. Either one draws attention. I'm currently leaning towards the Savior Equipment bag

I have the Rackit-36 myself and bought couple of magazine holders for the case as well. It works wand use this case to take my AR to the range.

4E1B0369-4A60-4098-BEE1-1E322F76C4E3.jpeg

if you want some more discreet the buy a back pack or a large duffle bag and take the AR apart.

Last Edited:
Any basic duffle bag with sufficient length would suffice. I like using a large Milwaukie tool bag that opens on the top. Rifle either broke down or not depending on barrel length, goes in the bottom. Clothes and what not go in a separate bag on top. This #1 keeps any grease or oil off clothes and #2 lets me pull stuff out of way easily and access rifle if I want to.

Look up Savior equipment.
Lifetime warranty and a lot of bags to choose from.

Any basic duffle bag with sufficient length would suffice.

This is what I use. I usually just leave it in one piece and the muzzle sticks out a little. If that's a problem, put a sock over the muzzle. Or you could break the AR down into two halves, put one in a laundry bag, inside the duffel bag with the other half so they don't rattle around off each other. I've never spent much money on gear to carry guns around.

A friend of mine bought an AR carry case by mistake and said I could have it. Next time I'm over at his place, I'll get it. But I have no idea what it looks like.

This is what I use. I usually just leave it in one piece and the muzzle sticks out a little. If that's a problem, put a sock over the muzzle. Or you could break the AR down into two halves, put one in a laundry bag, inside the duffel bag with the other half so they don't rattle around off each other. I've never spent much money on gear to carry guns around.

A friend of mine bought an AR carry case by mistake and said I could have it. Next time I'm over at his place, I'll get it. But I have no idea what it looks like.

Yep - if people are truly trying to be discreet, any case that is oblong is going to be pretty obvious to a lot of people. If you want your gun to not look like a gun you need to change the outline of the bag. Duffle bags are very benign. When I use my duffle bag I am dealing with a 10.5" so it doesn't get broken down, a 16" would have to be in pieces with the bag I use.

I can break down my 9mm AR and fit it easily with a few hundred rounds inside of a 5.11 Rush 12 or 24 backpack. Very benign.

I can do the same with my Ruger PCC. Folds up nicely. Suppressor included.

Yep - if people are truly trying to be discreet, any case that is oblong is going to be pretty obvious to a lot of people. If you want your gun to not look like a gun you need to change the outline of the bag. Duffle bags are very benign. When I use my duffle bag I am dealing with a 10.5" so it doesn't get broken down, a 16" would have to be in pieces with the bag I use.

Agreed. Mainly my own use of the duffel bag is to protect the rifle (and any others being transported) in my car from from making contact with one another. Were I to carry it around other people, rifle broken down for sure.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top