JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Folks,

I'm looking for recommendations on a bag that I can discretely use for my AR. Right now all I have are obvious gun cases and I don't care much for the attention when going between my truck and girlfriend's apartment.

The bag I'm looking for:
Should be able to carry a (16" barrel) AR that has been broken down (assembled is second choice)
Have straps to secure the upper and lower in place so they don't rattle around
Have at least one pocket/area for a magazine (s)
Does not look like a rifle bag (nothing tacticool)

Does such a bag exist?

Here are several options. Most of these are pretty generic looking as long as you don't opt for a camo pattern or something. They look like they could be bags for tennis rackets or similar. Note that many of these guys offer a couple different sizes. I just grabbed one for an example.

I know there are also a few companies making "guitar cases" for rifles. If you google "guitar gun case" you should get some hits. You could also use an actual tennis racket case or a larger gym bag/duffle bag. These probably aren't going to have the tie downs that you're looking for but they definitely won't scream "gun."

750236_RACKIT36GEN2_01wgbk__60058.1493940889.jpg

g-Rife-Cases-Rifle-Case-01_LoRes-500x500_1024x1024.jpg

incog-bag-smg-1000x1000.jpg

1_Small_0efe10b8-aa19-41ef-a109-2638de19d8cb_1296x.jpg

56474-734_lvm4_05.jpg

I've been looking for a suitable golf bag at the goodwills.. probably have to cut out some of the club seperator grid area but hey.
If you have a taller laundry basket, chuck it in there with some clothes on top.

1605496037925.jpeg

Watch the movie "Desperado" He has that neat Hollywood impossible guitar case. Fooling the human eye is the key here. Can you sew? Do you have or have access to a HD industrial strength sewing machine? Perhaps starting with that mundane "Wilson" tennis racket case/cover for a good prototype attempt.

Even go so far as having a bit of real tennis racket handle hanging out the top. Only it is a precise cutaway for a sheath type cover for the AR15 barrel end. The bulging spare tennis bag ball storage can be used to hide bulky AR parts or accessories. You can quickly compensate for the actual additional weight.

There are other factory 5.56 x 45 rifles that fold down. Have you considered another platform other than the AR15? Making an AR15 fit into a tennis bag may be difficult. The smaller the gun, the easier it will be. It would be fun to sit down and brain storm a bit. Another start up business? Who knows. Good luck.

Equal paragraphs impossible but fun to try. :)

I appreciate everyone's suggestions. I'll let ya'll know what I decide!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top