JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Graphite spray/powder. The one I have is called Tri-Flow. Supposed to be good from -60 to +475 degrees. I've used it or similar on my bolt guns for years.
Have also used it on my Glocks.

"Otis"
This stuff here is easy to find….. except I've never found part 3 "protect"

Tip…….. shake it thoroughly. I was disappointed at first and almost threw it away. But now I like it. Only dry I've tried though.

8E590A8A-28B2-455F-99B3-83B73B906E41.jpeg

Imo the best is any of the boron nitride dry lubes. They are hard to find in the states though. The easiest (and cheapest) way to get it is ceratec made by liqui moly. Available at Napa or Amazon. Takes a while for it to adsorb to the metal but leaves a long lasting super slippery dry film. I use this on most guns and surprisingly it made my browning buckmark cycle with 710 fps 22 quiet ammo (until it gets dirty I mean). It would never do that prior to using this lube. Also makes other guns amazingly smooth (Fe 1 finger to cock k31 straight pull gun).

Eezox is a clp that excels at protection/rust prevention and is really good at cleaning (you need to let it sit for 15 min to break down all the carbon and fouling then it's easy to remove that gunk) and is pretty good at lubricating. It's a synthetic ester that also leaves a slippery dry surface.

Ballistol is a stinky organic ester lube that works similarly to Eezox. Ballistol also makes a ceramic lube in Europe but not sure what it's made of.

Pic of ceratec:
37F9C70B-5CC4-4434-AE04-E8CE49106127.png

Pic of European version of boron nitride lube. They make boron nitride, and boron nitride mixed with Teflon (they cal it cerflon as I recall) version.

21A4B4C6-0470-4438-874F-81BDF5AF7AA7.png

I'm currently testing liqui moly molygen lube (friction modifier) which is similar except it uses tungsten nano particles instead of boron-nitride. I don't have enough experience with it yet to say if it's better than boron nitride.

Old thread on ceramic dry lubes fyi. Be careful with the word "ceramic" as it can mean a lot of different things. For example Silicon dioxide as used in ceramic car "waxes".

Many years ago I developed specialty oils with the former head of Exxon Mobil advanced research lab to fight fuel dilution in direct injection engines and that's partially why I have interest in this stuff. Moly is an older version of dry lube friction modifier but these new boron nitride ones are much better.

Last Edited:
Welcome, @kalashkid . This is a pretty cool site. Hope you enjoy it.
"Otis"
This stuff here is easy to find….. except I've never found part 3 "protect"

Tip…….. shake it thoroughly. I was disappointed at first and almost threw it away. But now I like it. Only dry I've tried though.

View attachment 1397968
Similar to what I found with CLP. No good at cleaning, but good as a lube and protectant.

I've never used anything like this Otis. Does it have to be used exclusively on the gun?

Welcome, @kalashkid . This is a pretty cool site. Hope you enjoy it.

Similar to what I found with CLP. No good at cleaning, but good as a lube and protectant.

I've never used anything like this Otis. Does it have to be used exclusively on the gun?
I'd say not. I've used it for random stuff. No residual like graphite

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top