JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, here I am. The newest of newbies in every sense here. Never shot or owned a gun, but I'll be receiving my conceal carry license soon. Looking for places to buy, shoot and educate myself about guns (besides YouTube).

Welcome!

Every single one of us has been in your shoes at one time. Don't be shy if you have any questions. The only dumb one is the one you don't ask and there is a great group of very knowledgeable folks around here always more than happy to help. 👍

Milk is also a gateway drug. Every single alcoholic, pot smoker, or needle junkie started with milk. Be careful!:eek:

By the way, were you aware that humans are the only species that drink milk as adults? It's probably not that important since we're also the only species that flies helicopters, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

Welcome to the forum. As you can see, it's a very serious place!

Probably the single most important thing you can do right now is learn the four rules of gun safety and never violate them, ever.

Second I would say learn the four color code system of awareness. This will help you so that you never have to use a gun in the first place in a confrontation.

After that learn the gun laws in your area and when you can and cannot use a gun.

Welcome to the forum.
Your search for education already puts you above many long time gun owners I've met. Kudos for that.
from a 70+ year advocate for milk, I've learned there is not much in life that some "expert" some where doesn't claim is bad for you. Including guns. I've also learned to take "experts" with a very large grain of salt, another evil, depending on the decade you lived in.
Moderation is the game changing ace in the hole. Except for guns, :rolleyes: and for me, tools too, ribeye steak, maybe milk, tequila, fishing gear, knives, .....Ah heck, forget the moderation idea.

Welcome to the forum.
Your search for education already puts you above many long time gun owners I've met. Kudos for that.
from a 70+ year advocate for milk, I've learned there is not much in life that some "expert" some where doesn't claim is bad for you. Including guns. I've also learned to take "experts" with a very large grain of salt, another evil, depending on the decade you lived in.
Moderation is the game changing ace in the hole. Except for guns, :rolleyes: and for me, tools too, ribeye steak, maybe milk, tequila, fishing gear, knives, .....Ah heck, forget the moderation idea.
Heh, was going to add KNIVES, then read the fine print. 😄

Welcome. Find a reputable instructor and take a basic firearms class. Nothing better than hands on training with a qualified instructor. It will help you develop good training and safety habits from the very beginning.

Stone Cold Reaction GIF by WWE

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR