JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are times when a thread takes a turn and really starts to confuse me; I never know whether there's some kind of inside joke taking place, or if I'm just not smart enough to understand what's going on. This is one of those times.

New age vegetarian water with imitation color added to nut or grain water shouldn't be mistaken for animal milk. Substitutes for animal protein are supposed to keep you healthy. That's like believing the police department response time is adequate to protect you from a home invader. Just be careful applying the same "science that says milk is bad" to other aspects of your own well-being. This forum allows for diverse perspectives, but you might get some pushback. Best part is the wise counsel and years of expertise available here.

Rely on your own response time as a Second Amendment practitioner.

Welcome to an excellent forum.

Would have been easier for the getting the Green Light . in the OP introduction, if he just declared himself a disabled Veteran, wrapped himself in the American Flag for 6 paragraphs. Then went straight to 'Preparedness and survival' with his 1st Post titled,
..." How do I prep. for end-of-days in the oncoming Helter Scelter Race wars ".
-

Do-glow-in-the-dark-lures-work-thumbnail-2724653068.jpg
-

@Shuaduah, worldwide, lactose intolerance in adulthood is the norm, not the exception. Baby mammals produce lactase, the enzyme responsible for breaking down lactose, or "milk sugar", the main carbohydrate in milk. The regulatory genes controlling production of lactase turn off production in post-weaning infant and adult mammals, including most humans. After all, if there is no lactose in your diet its inefficient to be producing large amounts of the enzyme for digesting it. The exception is among certain human groups practicing dairying. They could benefit from dairying by eating cheese and fermented dairy products such as yogurt. However, about 7500 years ago a random mutation occurred in a European dairying population, the primary mutation that causes the lactase persistent trait, the ability to produce lactase throughout the life cycle. This gene allowed adults carrying it to drink milk itself, add it to baked goods, make and enjoy pudding, ice cream, cottage cheese, soft cheeses, etc. This lactase persistence gene spread rapidly throughout dairying populations in Europe and Northern Africa. Another four independent occurrences of mutations leading to lactase persistence occurred in dairying populations in Subsaharan Africa but did not spread widely.

As may be seen in the article below, about 75% of African Americans are lactose intolerant, as are most Asians, most native Americans, most nearly everyone except Europeans.

The title was odd, there's a giant list of things people consume that are actually bad for them, milk isn't one of them.

Maybe OP prefers soy?
If one of the people in the avatar is OP, and is black, the title makes perfect sense. Milk is bad for people who are lactose intolerant, as it can cause gas, cramps, and diarrhea . About 75% of African Americans are lactose intolerant. I didn't realize OP was black until I went back to original post trying to figure out, unsuccessfully, whether he/she was male or female. Hey @Shuaduah , if you're female, be assured there are plenty of women on this forum. A few, like me, have obviously female handles, but most dont. There are plenty of blacks here too. Its not usually obvious in the handle but gets mentioned in threads where relevant, such as in personal experiences .

Milk is widely advertised in USA and treated like the all American food. The USDA is a big supporter of the dairy industry, hence dairy products have their own category on USDA food pyramids, which are determined more by the USDA's desire to support dairy and grain prices, not optimal human health. Hence the inclusion of dairy and milk as essential foods, in spite of most African-Americans, Native Americans, and Asians being lactose intolerant.

If one of the people in the avatar is OP, and is black, the title makes perfect sense. Milk is bad for people who are lactose intolerant, as it can cause gas, cramps, and diarrhea . About 75% of African Americans are lactose intolerant. I didn't realize OP was black until I went back to original post trying to figure out, unsuccessfully, whether he/she was male or female. Hey @Shuaduah , if you're female, be assured there are plenty of women on this forum. A few, like me, have obviously female handles, but most dont. There are plenty of blacks here too. Its not usually obvious in the handle but gets mentioned in threads where relevant, such as in personal experiences .
The title was "Milk is bad for you," Not "milk is bad for me."

A subset of the population that may have a inability to digest the lactose in milk doesn't therefore designate milk as a "bad for you to ingest food."

My relative will have an allergic reaction to shellfish if he eats it. That doesn't mean that "shellfish is bad for you." It means that (again) a subset of the population may have their own health issues with it because of their own specific genetics.

Well, here I am. The newest of newbies in every sense here. Never shot or owned a gun, but I'll be receiving my conceal carry license soon. Looking for places to buy, shoot and educate myself about guns (besides YouTube).
Remember, the reason to have a CCL is. to protect yourself fro an oppressive government. When I got mine years ago the Sheriff asked me why I wanted one and that was my reply and he said that's the correct answer.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top