JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know I might catch some flak asking this on here but Im wondering if anyone has any recommendations of a good Christian Church in the Portland area for my wife and I. Been here for almost a year and haven't found the one right for us yet. If ive offended anyone or broke any NWFA rule I apologize. Any recomendations will be appreciated. Thanks:s0155:

I don't think you have broken any rules. Also, I would invite you to church, but we are up in Vancouver. Probably a little farther than you want to go. Unfortunately, I don't have any recommendations for you of a church in your area, but I will ask around at seminary next week.

Like another poster replied, it totally depends on what you are looking for. But I go to Solid Rock, and it is a solid (pun intended) church with great teaching and worship. Downside is that it is huge, so you have to get involved in a small group to get to know people. Upside is that there are three locations with many services.

Solid Rock | A Jesus Church

I have heard the Gold Rush guys, or some of them anyway, have attended at least a once. It's large enough to not know for sure. We have attended the last six(ish) years there and really like it, especially the kids stuff. It's a really good church for families. We are involved in some the ministries there and it really is a good group of people generally.

Tim Long was a great Youth Pastor, we were really bummed (glad for him) when he left Abundant Life. My kids are too young to have participated under him directly and I was looking forward to them getting that chance, however, Abundant Life has continued to do good work in the youth area. I would have no reservations attending somewhere he is involved.

If you do not mind a bit of a drive...maybe 15/20 min beaverton 4 square is my favorite church I have ever attended. Been going there three years after moving from vancouver and Pastor Randy is pretty much the first person to really catch my attention and keep it the whole time. I would rate him as the best Pastor I have had in my life after going to many different churches being a middle age man. He is very easy to listen to. Non judgemental and welcomes all walks of life. He speaks his mind and sticks to christian beliefs but strongly believes in forgiveness and allowing anyone and everyone to try out christianity without making them feel out of place. He did a 3 week sermon on gay and lesbian people and how he welcomed them there and spoke a lot of how it is not something he agrees or believes in as a christian but would hope that they may come more often and find out for themselves a different outlook on the subject rathor than just ranting and raving about them being sinners. That is ust one example but if you gave it a try you would not regret it and probably find a new home in a church.

I thank you all for your replies. Its hard to say what we are looking for as we really dont know yet ourselves. I guess we are looking for like minded people with the same Christian values. We are firm supporters of Israel, the second amendment and our America. We would like to fellowship with others who believe in being prepared in an unstable society, or at least with people who wont look at us as lost for feeling the need to be prepared. I hope this helps just a little in what we are looking for without making anyone think we are too extreme in our beliefs. Thank you again for all your recommendations.

I think you are pretty safe to assume in the forum you are asking the question that second ammendment is something we all strongly believe in. I know it is to me one of the most important things out there on the political table. A mans right...especially a clearly decent man to carry and to have firearms is just a given to me. Whatever your religious beliefs as long as you have a strong moral belief then I want you to have to right to carry when I am at work and my wife is put in an unsafe position. I have to depend on the rest of you when I cannot be there to protect my loved ones. I would do the same for you.

Have you checked out your local Mormon ward?

There is a lot of misunderstandings about us, but according to what you are looking for, I think you can find many answers to your questions. I invite you to look into it at any rate. There will be many people in your area willing to invite you and your wife to church.

Just as good and real as any other, and more convenient since you can go by anytime it fits your schedule -

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads