JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Title says it all. I'm looking for a barrel for a new upper. I want to build a 14.5 top with a pinned and welded suppressor adapter on the end. I've considered Black Hole Weaponry, Rainier Arms, what would you guys recommend? Thanks in advance, appreciate the advice.

Bhw is good but I've only used them 20"+ for precision builds I'm not sure how good they are for shorter barrels (accuracy vs weight etc). I'd get whatever CHF barrel from a good manufacturer goes on sale first.

Nearly any barrel you get will do well, I have built ar's with generic barrels and $300 boutique barrels. Not seeing much difference in initial accuracy. Just make sure it is headspaced, has a good crown, and those groove thingies on the inside.

Faxon Firearms barrels seem to be very good quality at a decent price. They're an OEM for several suppliers. http://faxonfirearms.com/barrels/. Aim Surplus also carries their barrels and they include a pinned gas block with many of them. People seem to like them at AR.com. The Faxon rep is also a member over there and is really good about answering questions.

I'm waiting for them to put out another batch of 16" Gunner barrels and will pick one up then.

Just to wrap up the thread, after chatting with my gunsmith (David @ Brimstone) and my son the USMC armorer, here's what I ordered:

<broken link removed>

That and a 13" Geissle forend, and a Silencerco Trifecta flash hider / suppressor adapter for a pin / weld job on the end to barrel, and a Syrac adjustable gas block to tune it for my two suppressors. Hope it shoots as good as the parts look....;-)

Thanks again, guys - appreciate the advice and thoughts.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top