JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't know if I look at this with the utter exuberance that this individual does, we still need to look through everything to analyze it intellectually. This could be an end all just to add on to everything else to further the desire and reasons to still take away our guns. They could simply say since mental problems exist take away guns, gangs are a huge problem so let's take away guns. We need to look at the gun grabbers history of behavior and couple that with what's going on now and what we may see them trying to do in the future. If the end result that we all know they're trying to achieve is total disarmament then this little change is not gonna upset their ultimate goal.

Sounds like you are trying to apply reasonableness to people who are unreasonable and logic to people who are illogical.

I learned a long time ago that a fantastic rational argument will have little effect on irrational minds.

It's quite literally like, presenting a case to idiots, you might blow the opposition out of the water in terms of who presented the best case, but at the end of the day if the idiots barely understand your valid points, they may perceive the inferior argument to actually be "better."

This was less of trying to understand the lefts rationale and more of us not letting our guard down and continuing to chug forward for our rights and not take anything for granted regardless of what "good news" might be out there.

Sounds like you are trying to apply reasonableness to people who are unreasonable and logic to people who are illogical.

I learned a long time ago that a fantastic rational argument will have little effect on irrational minds.

It's quite literally like, presenting a case to idiots, you might blow the opposition out of the water in terms of who presented the best case, but at the end of the day if the idiots barely understand your valid points, they may perceive the inferior argument to actually be "better."
I think you mean, "more gooder".

They rode the 94 AWB across the finish line crying that AWs are the "weapon of choice for gang bangers and drug dealers".
It was a lie, but it appealed to the soccer mom demo that they needed so badly.

They had to drop that angle because... racist. Now they're all courting woke minorities, LGBTQAIOMGBBQ, trannies, the disaffected, etc. That's why white supremacists are the biggest threat in the country now. It defies common sense, logic, and statistics, but that's the wagon they've hitched their gun control team to.

The NY police chief is out of step w modern leftists and said the quiet part out loud... he said what we all already know, but one side refuses to acknowledge. I don't know his politics (l can guess), but I'd bet real money that he was doing the carpet-dance in DeBlasio's office the next very day after his comments. Watch for him to suddenly decide he wants to spend more time with family.

If they were somehow FORCED to pivot their rhetoric to reflect the actual state of affairs (that they caused), it wouldn't dull their enthusiasm for civilian disarmament, but they'd all feel super oogy having to say it out loud: Their chosen constituency IS the problem.

Last Edited:
Sorry @RobMa i couldn't help it, seeing that you are fairly new here and possibly gun ownership? Seeing that this is like your 9th or 10th thread on anti gun stuff…

1627573766920.jpeg

No, not at all. I was poking fun at all threads you've started about anti gunners. As if you are just learning about this stuff for the first time.
No I have known about them, I just never had a platform to voice my opinions and grave concerns about where our country is going until now....

No I have known about them, I just never had a platform to voice my opinions and grave concerns about where our country is going until now....
Gotcha! I don't know much about the Seattle areas, but I imagine it's not exactly the best to be active, outside the interwebs, in terms of pro gun stuff.

Just reading there are 20 million ARs in the USA in private hands. If government taxes them by forcing them on the NFA list then Americans lose 4 billion dollars to keep their right to bear arms. Thy shall not infringe means nothing to this bunch. :s0093:

I, too, am pro-gun, and have been, strongly, since a fine Summer's day in August 1952.

However, not once, but twice, I've had my legally-owned guns taken away from me by a democratically-elected government - for the 'general good' of the population at large. Neither action had the slightest result in lessening gun crime by those intent on committing it.

From over here, it looks as though your own 'democratically-elected government' is trying to copy the Brits.

I'm watching you all with growing dismay - and wondering how long America can sustain forbearance of well-meaning old loon and his wacky side-kicks. It really is starting to look like a very slow train wreck in action.

With deepest apologies to all offended.*

*If you have not yet been offended, then remember that tomorrow is another day, 'kay? No doubt I'll get around to you then.

Gotcha! I don't know much about the Seattle areas, but I imagine it's not exactly the best to be active, outside the interwebs, in terms of pro gun stuff.
I don't even let my neighbors know that I own guns, and I have a good relationship with them...

It's like coming out of a social media desert and looking at Quora or Twitter and seeing the EXACT same arguments from both sides that were extant 10, 15, or even 20+ years ago. It's like, geez man... haven't we already DONE this?

Yes, yes we have... and the beat goes on.

Crocodile Dundee sees a television in a hotel room.
"I saw television at Walt's once".
*turns on TV, sees I Love Lucy, turns it off*
"Yep... that's what l saw".

Excellent analogy.

This is exactly what I would encounter when dealing with my ultra lib family member.

Rational, intellect or 'valid points' were of no matter to him. Only what HE believed, saw on the MSM, what 'stats' he saw on anti-gun created bar and pie graphs but most importantly he was NEVER going to EVER believe ANYTHING a repub/conservatve/pro 2A person said.

His abject hate for ANYTHING conservative/pro2A/Repub/etc has so CLOUDED his thinking he will never accept anything he hears from these groups.

Anyone who believes Democracy (in it's basic definition) is something that applies ONLY to democrats and liberals only is way off the deep end and he is not going to 'surface' anytime soon.

Excellent analogy.

This is exactly what I would encounter when dealing with my ultra lib family member.

Rational, intellect or 'valid points' were of no matter to him. Only what HE believed, saw on the MSM, what 'stats' he saw on anti-gun created bar and pie graphs but most importantly he was NEVER going to EVER believe ANYTHING a repub/conservatve/pro 2A person said.

His abject hate for ANYTHING conservative/pro2A/Repub/etc has so CLOUDED his thinking he will never accept anything he hears from these groups.

Anyone who believes Democracy (in it's basic definition) is something that applies ONLY to democrats and liberals only is way off the deep end and he is not going to 'surface' anytime soon.
And this behavior is being cultivated by the elites and the oligarchy. They themselves have much to gain from disarming the American citizen...

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top