JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They themselves have much to gain from disarming the American citizen...
The only difference with my lib fam member is he is NOT necessarily anti - gun - he just believes in more oppressive control measures.

I would put his beliefs in the arena of radical, leftist, communistic as apposed to just 'Democrat'.

He is quite crazy however and sometimes says things that are almost incomprehensible.

So when crime and violence is low it's the gun's fault for leaping out of closest and attacking innocents and must be banned; but when crime and lawlessness has been fostered and encouraged only THEN is it mental illnesses and gangs (but its still the guns that need banning)?🙄 It would be a crazy shame if there were large groups of people and bodies of evidence that had been pointing that out for decades now.

How convenient that either way its law abiding gun-owners that get punished.

That is sarcasm of course, if I rolled my eyes any harder they'd fall out of my skull.

Wasn't there some mental health official/doctor kinda guy, some decades ago, that said anybody who owned guns was mentally ill?

Then there was the effort, by Obama admin(?) to take guns away from vets with PTSD/etc.?

Then the GPs asking about guns? I have several times been asked by my primary care physician if I "feel safe", etc. (no mention of guns).

Then there are the people who say to own a gun we should have to pass a mental health exam?

What about all the people who have some mental health disorder?

I have RBD (REM sleep Behavior Disorder - I thrash about in my sleep, but do not sleepwalk) and I am borderline Aspergers (IIRC one of the mass shooters at a school had Aspergers and some made something of a deal about that).

"Mental health" is a wide ranging category. It can range from something that is generally benign and not uncommon (like Aspergers or RBD; ~one in one hundred people) to a speech disorder, to people that are detached from reality (psychotic).

Wasn't there some mental health official/doctor kinda guy, some decades ago, that said anybody who owned guns was mentally ill?

Then there was the effort, by Obama admin(?) to take guns away from vets with PTSD/etc.?

Then the GPs asking about guns? I have several times been asked by my primary care physician if I "feel safe", etc. (no mention of guns).

Then there are the people who say to own a gun we should have to pass a mental health exam?

I have RBD (REM sleep Behavior Disorder - I thrash about in my sleep, but do not sleepwalk) and I am borderline Aspergers (IIRC one of the mass shooters at a school had Aspergers and some made something of a deal about that).

"Mental health" is a wide ranging category. It can range from something that is generally benign and not uncommon (like Aspergers or RBD; ~one in one hundred people) to a speech disorder, to people that are detached from reality (psychotic).
At the risk of sounding like a broken record here but "any and all excuses to take away our guns"... :s0013:

I don't know if I look at this with the utter exuberance that this individual does, we still need to look through everything to analyze it intellectually. This could be an end all just to add on to everything else to further the desire and reasons to still take away our guns. They could simply say since mental problems exist take away guns, gangs are a huge problem so let's take away guns. We need to look at the gun grabbers history of behavior and couple that with what's going on now and what we may see them trying to do in the future. If the end result that we all know they're trying to achieve is total disarmament then this little change is not gonna upset their ultimate goal.
You missed his point.
  • Creepy Joe and the ultra-left identify guns as the problem
  • Summer of 2020, rioting, fires, looting, lots of mayhem, and few incarcerated
  • DAs and Prosecutors step back from handling criminal behavior, crime spikes through the roof.
  • Ken and Barbie, mainstream Democrats, realize they are up Shirt's Creek if that mayhem comes to their door. They join the swelling ranks of new gun owners.
  • Jo-Ho up the rhetoric on guns bad, control good
  • Their approval rates plummet.
  • K-Street think tanks ponder, "where did we go wrong?" D'oh!
  • Rhetoric changes
The videographer's point is that they're reshaping their language and using MSM as a mouthpiece so they don't lose power in mid-term elections.

On an aside, years ago (~Y2K), I remember being able to read news on CNN. Actual news. Now it seems like it's just hootenanny noise leaked from the echo chamber of Facebook.

I don't even let my neighbors know that I own guns, and I have a good relationship with them...
Get to know them better, take some shooting. If they're open minded, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Then the GPs asking about guns? I have several times been asked by my primary care physician if I "feel safe", etc.
That's a standard line of questioning to see if physical/emotional/mental abuse is happening in your home. It's almost like a memorized script. My PCP went down the same path and I interrupted her, "you're asking if I'm experiencing any form of abuse in my house, the answer is an emphatic NO."

I don't even let my neighbors know that I own guns, and I have a good relationship with them...

Living less than ten feet away from each side of my house, both sets of neighbours know that I shoot - it's hard to pretend that a couple of rifles in gun cases look like anything else than what they are.

And you know what?

They don't give a hoot.

You missed his point.
  • Creepy Joe and the ultra-left identify guns as the problem
  • Summer of 2020, rioting, fires, looting, lots of mayhem, and few incarcerated
  • DAs and Prosecutors step back from handling criminal behavior, crime spikes through the roof.
  • Ken and Barbie, mainstream Democrats, realize they are up Shirt's Creek if that mayhem comes to their door. They join the swelling ranks of new gun owners.
  • Jo-Ho up the rhetoric on guns bad, control good
  • Their approval rates plummet.
  • K-Street think tanks ponder, "where did we go wrong?" D'oh!
  • Rhetoric changes
The videographer's point is that they're reshaping their language and using MSM as a mouthpiece so they don't lose power in mid-term elections.

On an aside, years ago (~Y2K), I remember being able to read news on CNN. Actual news. Now it seems like it's just hootenanny noise leaked from the echo chamber of Facebook.

Get to know them better, take some shooting. If they're open minded, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

That's a standard line of questioning to see if physical/emotional/mental abuse is happening in your home. It's almost like a memorized script. My PCP went down the same path and I interrupted her, "you're asking if I'm experiencing any form of abuse in my house, the answer is an emphatic NO."
I understand what he was trying to say, I was just looking at yet another aspect of things. I agree wholeheartedly with what you are saying here...

Living less than ten feet away from each side of my house, both sets of neighbours know that I shoot - it's hard to pretend that a couple of rifles in gun cases look like anything else than what they are.

And you know what?

They don't give a hoot.
All that has to happen is my Autistic kid has one of his fits and a neighbor that knows I have guns will call the police toot sweet, and then games over...

It's like coming out of a social media desert and looking at Quora or Twitter and seeing the EXACT same arguments from both sides that were extant 10, 15, or even 20+ years ago. It's like, geez man... haven't we already DONE this?

Yes, yes we have... and the beat goes on.

Crocodile Dundee sees a television in a hotel room.
"I saw television at Walt's once".
*turns on TV, sees I Love Lucy, turns it off*
"Yep... that's what l saw".
Exactly.

Same beat, same drum, different year, different President.

That was kind of why I posted that meme.

If the OP has been into guns long enough, which I think he might actually be fairly new to, he might know this isn't anything new.

In my life I've seen gun ownership skyrocket, no real bans by any Democratic's other than Bills assault weapons ban which had a 10 year clause, an actual ban by a Republican (Trump and bump stocks). In the time after the assault weapons ban ownership of semiautomatic rifles has grown tremendously. Class 3 ownership has grown exponentially. Gun rights have increased throughout the country. Carry laws have changed in almost all states and constitutional carry is gaining speed throughout the country. Some of the most unconstitutional laws are being challenged, and revoked if not for a moment in the worst of states.

Now, I'm the world of Covid, gun sales are through the roof. With new ownership numbers higher than ever. Even liberals.

But, yes always a but, panic and fear. Yes, panic, buy buy buy.

One day years from now, we will learn the war industry kept the country in a constant state of fear to keeps sales up!

And you know what?

They don't give a hoot.
Wait for the gov to offer $10K to people to turn in gun owners, then your neighbors may be hooting a lot.

give-a-hoot.jpg

Exactly.

Same beat, same drum, different year, different President.

That was kind of why I posted that meme.

If the OP has been into guns long enough, which I think he might actually be fairly new to, he might know this isn't anything new.

In my life I've seen gun ownership skyrocket, no real bans by any Democratic's other than Bills assault weapons ban which had a 10 year clause, an actual ban by a Republican (Trump and bump stocks). In the time after the assault weapons ban ownership of semiautomatic rifles has grown tremendously. Class 3 ownership has grown exponentially. Gun rights have increased throughout the country. Carry laws have changed in almost all states and constitutional carry is gaining speed throughout the country. Some of the most unconstitutional laws are being challenged, and revoked if not for a moment in the worst of states.

Now, I'm the world of Covid, gun sales are through the roof. With new ownership numbers higher than ever. Even liberals.

But, yes always a but, panic and fear. Yes, panic, buy buy buy.

One day years from now, we will learn the war industry kept the country in a constant state of fear to keeps sales up!
I have owned guns for over thirty years now, just never engaged in forums like this. Plus you have to admit the anti gunners are hitting it pretty hard now that they have big poppa Biden in the lead...

I have owned guns for over thirty years now, just never engaged in forums like this. Plus you have to admit the anti gunners are hitting it pretty hard now that they have big poppa Biden in the lead...
Thanks for clarifying.

I don't think they are hitting it any harder than any of the last administrations. Hell, Obama came pretty close, but he ended up going down in history as the country's best gun salesman. This is the same ole same ole.

Unsolicited advice, stop reading all the crap on the internet, spend that time plinking.

30 years is more than myself, so you owned before and after the AWB. This is worse than that?

I consider it bad because it's not just a gun issue, I know that's all we're supposed to talk about here so I refrain from a lot of my opinions in regards to the state of our country.

so you owned before and after the AWB. This is worse than that?
I don't mean to 'butt in' but I have owned guns long before the AWB - and I don't know what you mean by 'worse than that' but if you mean anti gun issues being worse AFTER the AWB then I say a definite YES.

Prior to the AWB things were pretty 'sedate'. Oh there were occasional 'rumblings' from what few antis were around then but it was typically some minor issue that maybe got 30 seconds in the news, or maybe a dem prez like Carter would mention something but it was NEVER to the degree it is now with essentially non-stop bombardment of anti-gun sentiment.

My belief is the AWB was a well crafted, diabolical plan to shift the anti gun movement into high gear by first creating paranoia among gun owners. Then a 10 year hiatus with a variety of bans - which included a - 10 round mag limit.

During this time I saw a DRAMATIC increase of interest in 'assault weapons' with people buying them who had never owned them before. There began to be much more activity and mention of the 'Pro 2A' movement and well, the rest is history.

Fast forward to 2004 and when the ban ended I saw stores with high cap mags literally covering walls and 'black guns' began to take up a lot more shelf space as well.

I firmly believe we would NOT be where 'we are' today if the AWB had never happened.

Last Edited:

We all have a slight touch of the 'tism friend. I think its what makes us so logical, and sends us into such a rage when non-sensical, or pattern/fairness breaking rules are proposed (rules for thee not for me) at least for myself.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top