JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Excellent thread! Thanks for posting.
Alas Babylon is one of my favorite reads.
I would add:
The Stand by Stephen King
Final Blackout by L. Ron Hubbard
Tunnel in the Sky and Farnhams Freehold by Robert A. Heinlein.
While the above titles might be a stretch on the realalistic ... I just couldn't help but mention them.
Andy

Great Heinlein! Have spacesuit will travel. Moon is a harsh mistress.

Plus 1 for lucifers hammer.

River world is another survivor series. Everyone made equal, with little In the way of resources. What can you do to improve your life and keep from the grip of gang lords?

Not SHTF novel but I liked to the book of Robert A. Heinlein's "Starship Troopers" the movie was different quite but since they did not have the powered armor that they had in the book.
Joe Haldeman's book: "The Forever War"
John Scalzi's book: "Old Man's War."
Stephen King's book "The Stand".

I like scfi books so I have read for following series of books:

Asimov's Foundation and Robot series of books.
Orson Scott Card's "Ender" series.
Heechee series by Frederik Pohl

Last Edited:
The EMP scenario is what concerns me. No internet; for most of us, no cars or communications; for many of us (including me) no heat (all electric house); loss of water if you're on a well - basically back to 1800. My one month of food isn't going to be enough.

Fortunately, I only need daylight for the press - time to order some bullets and powder.

hc-ebola-virus-bubonic-plague-20140925.jpg

I don't know how realistic this would seem to everyone else but there was more than a hint of realism to me.

Another thread made me recall this book. I had to call down to the Gun Shop I purchased it at to find out the name as I read it a few years ago and then sent it to a friend who sent it on after he read it and so on. Bought it at Colfax Tactical - Best Ar 15s, Ar 10, Best Ar Platform in Redmond Oregon. Nice folks.

dsedwardsbooks.com
https://www.amazon.com/Collective-Retribution-D-S-Edwards/dp/0991032306#customerReviews
Collective Retribution

Author is from Eastern Oregon.

Found out after I called Colfax Tacitical he made a sequel late in 2016. I'm going to order both of them.

I bought the lower for my Varmint AR at Colfax... yes, they are really nice folks. They had a wonderful build of super lightweight AR that impressed me but lots of $$$ for my budget.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top