JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A while back I purchased a decent (but neutered) Norinco NHM-90 for the very reasonable price of $270.00....like I said, a while back :)

So I decided it was best to un-burkah her, put her back into shape and let her sexiness shine.

First was replace the trigger group with an US made group from RedStarArms, a US Made NATO length stockset from Kvar, and some new front end pieces to fix that Klinton neutering. I chose a Bulgarian B-625 Gas block with cleaning rod loop since it fits the chicom barrel nicely and a Bulgarian B-622 Front sight support, a cleaning rod and a slant brake. These parts were purchased from Arsenal USA when they were the go-to folks for AK parts.

The front sight base and gas block had to be pressed off and the new ones pressed back on. Once all of the metal was put into good order and the sights LASER aligned, I stripped her nakid and went to work on the refinishing.

My choice for this rifle was to blast her with 80grit aluminum oxide and then coat the metal with Brownell's GunKote in Matte Black. I have always had a very good experience with GunKote. When coating I prefer to use a small sprayer purchased from Harbor Freight for about $9. I found this to be an efficient way of working the paint into all the crevasses and to apply a very even coat to the exposed surfaces.

After coating the metal, GunKote needs to be baked at about 325 degrees for about 15-20 minutes. In the past I used the kitchen oven when my xWife was not home, but it still stankUp the house, so I went for one of those tall propane smoker ovens from WalMart. It has a thermostat and an adjustable vent on top for maintaining a reasonable constant temp, and it is the perfect size for hanging a barreled receiver and associated parts. Once the finish was completed, the rifle was assembled and taken out back for some glamour shots.

The finished product:

DSC05940.JPG DSC05941.JPG DSC05942.JPG DSC05943.JPG DSC05944.JPG DSC05945.JPG DSC05946.JPG DSC05947.JPG DSC05948.JPG DSC05949.JPG DSC05951.JPG DSC05954.JPG nhm90-fsb.jpg nhm90-gastube.jpg

DSC05940.JPG

DSC05941.JPG

DSC05942.JPG

DSC05943.JPG

DSC05944.JPG

DSC05945.JPG

DSC05946.JPG

DSC05947.JPG

DSC05948.JPG

DSC05949.JPG

DSC05951.JPG

DSC05954.JPG