JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would have passed on the Thunderbolt.

I'd have bought it even if I didn't want it personally. I have friends who have virtually no .22LR who could use it, and I'd have either given it to them or sold it at cost. If nothing else I would have kept it out of Flipper's hands.

BTW, this isn't the first hobby of mine that "Flipper" has impacted. Ammo is just one of many things these guys exploit.

My neighbor was at the Wood Village/Troutdale Walmart the other day and the store had just received 50 bricks of .22lr ammo in stock.
He bought a brick and called his son to inform him that they were available and to come down to the store on his noon lunch break to pick one up.
This was at 11:05 am. His son drove the 1.3 miles from his business in Fairview to Wood Village and when he arrived, all of it was gone.
How can 49 bricks disappear that fast?

Last week I stopped by my local Sportsmans and there were probably 25 to 35 people waiting to get in the door.... That is how it goes so fast. I have also seen a line at the local Bi Mart also. I have not saw any ammo at the Bi Mart but the Sportsmans had it.

My neighbor was at the Wood Village/Troutdale Walmart the other day and the store had just received 50 bricks of .22lr ammo in stock.
He bought a brick and called his son to inform him that they were available and to come down to the store on his noon lunch break to pick one up.
This was at 11:05 am. His son drove the 1.3 miles from his business in Fairview to Wood Village and when he arrived, all of it was gone.
Certain stores have certain days that they put out ammo. Dicks , sportsmans, walmarts. Most of its picked through by regulars that know the routine and some of its most likely bought by the employees at the store or friends of employees get notified first before its put out on the shelves. Yes! That is ridiculous! I Stopped trying at those stores long time ago. The idiots with their brothers and sisters and uncles that get in line 2 hrs before the store opens to snag half the lot of .22 creep me out. I stick with the stores that get the random delivery mon-fri and stocks their ammo shelves after 2pm. A little more hassle calling on the phone but beats standing in line not knowing if their will be any left when u get to the front. Been there done that

Same thing in orchards but 7 bricks gone in the 15 mins it took from my friend calling me to me getting there all gone.

My local BI-Mart....The main gun counter guy told me a few weeks ago he holds some 22lr back for the people that are buying the rifles. If they get very little ammo, he doesn't put it out. I suppose I can't blame him.

mini-mags are triple that anywhere else. really sucks.

It's been a long while since I've had to buy 22LR I guess. Still have a brick and a half in the closet of Remington Thunderbolt and a few boxes of CCI. My 17 round Marlin goes through it in short order, gotta be careful!

Yeah bi mart on Beaverton Hillsdale had 50 packs today. Only $1.90 each. You can only get 2 so I got 2 and my gf got 2. There is still like 15 left as of noon.

ya i went in on sunday and the shelf was full of 50rd boxes of thunderbolt...there was already two on the counter and i sweet talked the girl and she gave me two more....it sucks buying it at such low quantities...thats why people are paying so much for it...duh

If you really want a brick of ammo, go to Bi-Mart and buy a .22 rifle.
I was just in the Halsey St. store tonight and the clerk told me that they really do reserve some for gun buying customers.

If you really want a brick of ammo, go to Bi-Mart and buy a .22 rifle.
I was just in the Halsey St. store tonight and the clerk told me that they really do reserve some for gun buying customers.

I actually think that is a terrific idea, especially for a first time firearm purchaser they'll need some fun plinking ammo! Also it moves merchandise, some guys want 22 bad enough to purchase a rifle.

My local BI-Mart....The main gun counter guy told me a few weeks ago he holds some 22lr back for the people that are buying the rifles. If they get very little ammo, he doesn't put it out. I suppose I can't blame him.

I was in a local gun shop when they pulled all the 9mm off the floor last year. The owner was carrying it away and someone asked flat out WTF he was doing. His answer was he wanted some available for people buying new guns. I can't say that I blame him.

I would have passed on the Thunderbolt.

I have some but haven't shot it yet. One thing is for sure though: Thunderbolt is 1000% more reliable than imaginary bullets. Those damn things fail to feed, fail to fire and fail to eject every single round! I'll take something over nothing every single time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top