JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I went to Bi-Mart yesterday looking for .22 ammo. Got there about 15 minutes earlier than the lady the day before told me to be there. There was already 8 people there! Almost an hour later there was about 14 people waiting for ammo, the lady finally comes out with only 2 bricks of Winchester M22 and that was it.

I have a bunch of .22 from the last century. One brick is priced at $7.98. I just did the online inflation calculator. $7.98 in 1971 is supposedly like $47.95 today. Wonder how accurate that really is? I know I was 20 years old making $2.35 an hour in a restaurant(min wage was $1.60 then) and living on my own. Using this info I suppose it is in the ballpark.

My neighbor was at the Wood Village/Troutdale Walmart the other day and the store had just received 50 bricks of .22lr ammo in stock.
He bought a brick and called his son to inform him that they were available and to come down to the store on his noon lunch break to pick one up.
This was at 11:05 am. His son drove the 1.3 miles from his business in Fairview to Wood Village and when he arrived, all of it was gone.
How can 49 bricks disappear that fast?

People calling friends / family to come get it. :s0112:

I have a bunch of .22 from the last century. One brick is priced at $7.98. I just did the online inflation calculator. $7.98 in 1971 is supposedly like $47.95 today. Wonder how accurate that really is? I know I was 20 years old making $2.35 an hour in a restaurant(min wage was $1.60 then) and living on my own. Using this info I suppose it is in the ballpark.
I've still got some from Montgomery Wards.. .42/50. I went home and got a dolly for that closeout.. that's back when they stopped selling ammo.

Certaindeaf, yes the good old days. I remember buying it from Coast to Coast in the early 60's for around $.35 a box. Unfortunately those days are long gone, also the days of not having to worry about your children being gone for hours and they came home safely.

I hear you. This was some time in the 80's or whenever they stopped selling ammo. they marked it down very low just to get rid of it fast.. I bought a lot

Oh Monkey Wards and Coast to Coast I remember cruising around there with my dad those were the days:s0155: All the old stores now gone that used to have all the neat stuff.

About three years ago I picked up a couple boxes of these +500 rounds of CCI Mini mag for about 8 bucks
image.jpg

image.jpg

Just called Cornelius. Zero 22lr in stock. Guess ill turn to the interwebz.
I have found that if you call, the department clerks will not necessarily know it's in their stock. Happened to me when trying at the McMinnville store. I called on CCI MiniMags which showed were newly in stock (but probably not yet unloaded to the shelves). The lady said they had no .22LR in stock at all. But checking BrassBadger, it showed Remington subsonic had gone to "undisclosed" status. I was indeed able to add these to my cart for store pickup, but as I had already taken delivery from the other store, I didn't follow through to payment.
(FWIW, was able to score MiniMags from the McMinnville store 2 days ago. Called to check their stock and the clerk said "more than 10" left. Arrived 40 minutes later, and there were only 2 boxes left on the shelf. Was offered both, but needed just the one. By the time I got back within an hour and checked the status online, it was showing "out of stock," so the system is very close to real-time.)

If you try the F12 Developer tool workaround (in IE Tools) for checking store availability, it brings up the Site-to-Store function where you can add them to your cart. May need to change your store location to either Cornelius or Woodburn to bring up the "Add to Cart" function. I'm still able to step through almost entirely to checkout before payment without error messages. Starting point:
<broken link removed>
(Somehow, IE doesn't offer the Add to Cart drop down menu but Firefox does.)

If you successfully checkout, but it's not in stock at your selected store, you will get an email within a few hours confirming a refund. If in stock, it will notify you when the order is ready for pickup. When I went to pick up, the lady at the Site to Store services desk was surprised that ammo could be ordered this way.

For the crazy price of .22 I can load .45 long colt with black powder for less and have more fun with fire, big boom and lots of smoke out of my cartridge converted Remington 1858 and Colt 1860 revolvers. Can do the same thing with my Remington 1858 in .38 special even cheaper. It is nice to have options. .22 used to be about having cheap fun, not anymore. I can have more cheap fun with my above guns.

I went back this morning, and was standing at the ammo counter as they were still unlocking the exit doors. My heart sank as I noticed an empty spot on the shelf where the .22 bricks had been yesterday. As I was doing a more thorough search through the shelves and what was in cases on the floor a clerk came by and asked if I needed anything. I asked about .22 ammo and he quickly did an about face and scurried off, only to return a minute later with what he said was the last brick. So yep, I scored double!:s0155:

Again the bastards hide it in the back! Yesterday the guy at Beaverton Bi Mart said they had got .22 in early in the morn but only got 3 boxes...wtf no store gets a delivery of 3 boxes. I called BS and he said well that is what I was told. He then probably went to the back to make sure the other 7 boxes stayed well hidden for his friends.

Though when that guy is not working I have been seeing it on a semi regular basis. Only the remington stuff though. For some reason are they the only people making bricks these days? I guess its a good thing all my guns like that ammo just fine. I have found it on the shelf about 4 or 5 times in the last month, month and a half. Before that nothing aside from 50 count boxes here and there at my Bi Mart. Whenever that guy is working they get "half a case" or something along those lines. Had I had time I would have asked the manager to check how much they got when the tool told me 3 boxes. I cannot get over the idea of a store receiving 3 boxes...The guy looks like he lives with his parents though so he may just be able to fill their basement with all the rest even on a Bi Mart salary.

Gresham Bi-Mart just got some 333 rd ct Winchester. Get-em while they're hot.

last I got Winchester I had to bring it back because of their recall. I would buy it again but it would go in the bottom of my supply pile as a last resort zombie box. Not taking chances on Grandpas rifle with double charged rounds and the like.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top