JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Again the bastards hide it in the back! Yesterday the guy at Beaverton Bi Mart said they had got .22 in early in the morn but only got 3 boxes...wtf no store gets a delivery of 3 boxes. I called BS and he said well that is what I was told. He then probably went to the back to make sure the other 7 boxes stayed well hidden for his friends.

It's entirely possible for a store to get three boxes.....I don't figure the guy at Sportsman's Warehouse was lying to me when he told me they got QNE (1) pound of powder in? I also believe the guy at my Bimart when he told me he holds back some ammo for people that buy 22 rifles.

For BiMart, if an order of 60 bricks came from their distributor, (most likely "ALL SPORTS") of 500 Thunder Bolt, they now split it between their stores as evenly as they can. IF, there were twenty stores that would be 3 boxes per store.

Another factor with BiMart is they get product from All Sports. All sports was dropping the ball at BiMart well BEFORE. Even back when you could walk into a BiMart and there were 20 something powders on the shelf. There was no shortage of small pistol primers, except at Bimart, I believe, because of All Sports. I spent a bunch of time on the phone, some with Winchester and some with all Sports.

Sounds to me like there are still thousands of people, seems many from NWFA, STILL waiting for doors to open and buy what ever they're allowed. Not to mention the people that hook up with others that DON'T shoot, and settle up later in the parking lot, $$ for 22lr.

Me? I don't shoot much 22. I won't pay the people in the classifieds "This is what I paid for it, so give twice what it's worth", and I only go in to a store to look when I'm in the area.

Mike

"Me? I don't shoot much 22. I won't pay the people in the classifieds "This is what I paid for it, so give twice what it's worth", and I only go in to a store to look when I'm in the area."

Well I agree with that part. I refuse to pay more than the Bi Mart price but Bi Mart does not split ammo between stores. They get separate shipments per store on different days of the week and each store is hit or miss on any ammo per shipment. I know that because the woman that works at my local store is a very kind woman and explained how they are getting it in and that some stores do and some do not week by week...Not a fair split like a mom and pop shop would do. I do shoot .22 a lot and although I have some I stop by to check the stock once a week or so since it is on the way to my kids school I drive to every day, the grocery store, pretty much everything I do I pass within 2 blocks of it as it is less than a mile away. I know the gun shops hold out on ammo for gun buyers but Bi Mart employees do not have the authority to make that decision unless they are the manager and at one point I did get the manager to check and he made the guy go get me a box after he had said they had none in stock. So with that guy I never do believe him and try to go when I know the woman is working. I have heard other complaints from people about the same guy, same situation. I would not be surprised if he is a member here. Grab a stainless 10/22 when they drop to 189 on sale and sell it for 275 or a mini 14 for 479 and sell it for 700-800. Not all folks are like that but in this case I know without a doubt that guy is a shady clerk and does try to make a extra income of the products coming in that we are all having trouble getting. In better news I have been sticking with 40 for a while and the shelves all seem to be full of that one caliber. At least my carry still gets to be shot as often as I like. My 9s, 380s, 32, 38, and .357 I feel lucky when I find one box that is not a 20 dollar 20 round self defense round.

Well, I guess we'll be seeing those 49 bricks for sale for $35-$50 each in the next few days. Oh, wait...or trade for your left arm...I forgot about the trade offers. :rolleyes:

My retired neighbor fills up his day by visiting Walmart, Bi-Mart and other stores. He calls me when he spots any ammo that I need.
I return the favor by cleaning his gutters and other tall ladder jobs around his house.
Works great for both of us.

I bought my first 22lr about 6 weeks ago and have managed to buy around 6k bullets, which is all I want for now, so I'm going to share all my secrets to finding 22lr ammo.

1) sportsmans warehouse on 82nd gets and puts out their 22lr ammo at the same time each week. Wednesday afternoon at 3pm. They usually have enough to last a few hours, but not always, so it's good to be prompt. 1 box limit, in the last five weeks it's been either Federal 325 nitrogen sealed tins or Remington thunderbolts 500 brick. Both sell for $24. This has been the most reliable source for me.

2) ammo-can.net is a site that tracks Walmart ammo shipments. Refresh several times throughout the day, and when you see 22lr at a nearby WM, go immediately. Sometimes they don't have a bunch, so speed is of the upmost importance. I have bought federal 525 and 550 bricks as well as various CCI 50 or 100 boxes. If you are willing to miss out about half the time, this is a pretty good source. This is also how a friend in Seattle has managed to stock up.

3) the Bimart in Woodstock often has 22lr ammo Monday whenever they get around to stocking it. Usually around noon, but could be ad early as 9am or as late as 3pm. Great prices, on Monday I bought Winchester 333 pack for about $15.

4) Big 5 sporting goods on 82nd and I think foster. Thursday morning at exactly 10am, when the store opens is when they have 22lr if they get it at all. It's hit or miss, but if you are around on a Thursday morning, it's something to check.

Ok, there's my secrets on how to buy 22lr ammo at regular store prices.

I have been able to buy a good amount of 22LR from Cabelas online. I frequent another forum and they have a thread pertaining to in-stock 22 and one member created a Cabelas shopping cart that has most of the 22LR listed. Once the page pulls up click the checkout button and any instock 22 will still be in the cart. As of this posting CCI Blazer is available for $27.99 for a brick. Here is the link to cabelas shopping cart.

Item Added to Shopping Cart : Cabela's

I have been able to buy a good amount of 22LR from Cabelas online. I frequent another forum and they have a thread pertaining to in-stock 22 and one member created a Cabelas shopping cart that has most of the 22LR listed. Once the page pulls up click the checkout button and any instock 22 will still be in the cart. As of this posting CCI Blazer is available for $27.99 for a brick. Here is the link to cabelas shopping cart.

Item Added to Shopping Cart : Cabela's

Well I just tried this and it said the order went through for the CCI Blazer brick of 500, $27.99 + $8.95 shipping. Thanks for the info, will let you know how it turns out.

2) ammo-can.net is a site that tracks Walmart ammo shipments. Refresh several times throughout the day, and when you see 22lr at a nearby WM, go immediately. Sometimes they don't have a bunch, so speed is of the upmost importance.
Absolutely. Have found that if you don't make the 7AM stocking time you're almost sure to be out of luck by 10AM. I once called to confirm stock at a WM at 11AM and was told there was 5 left. By the time I got there 40 minutes later, they were out. Unless you're already out on the road when you make the call, it can be hard to get when stock is in single digits. For rare items like Winchester M22 where the store might only get two bricks per shipment, if you get there with 1 person and his wife waiting in front of you, you're also likely SOL.
Good tips. I also recommend Findmeammo.com.

WM on NE Highway 99 in Vancouver has at least 10 boxes of CCI Mini Mag 36gr HP, as of about 2 hours ago.
I saw 21 boxes of the same at the NE 104th store. Availability info on their site is accurate to at least within 1-2 hours, in my experience.
No luck at Bi-Mart yet.

(^Originally posted at 9:21. Both stores now out of stock online @ 11:30.)

It's sad how so many people didn't see this coming! It will hit us again and I think even harder. These gun grabbers will not stop until we as a people are unarmed!

An old man paying that much is a sad sight. He is likely not online looking at the where and when of better prices. Gotta stock up when you can contrary to some peoples opinion. No matter my stock I will buy my one brick limit when I find it. Never know when my one brick limit is not even possible again. I will keep letting my nephew shoot as long as I can.

I was at the gun show and saw the bricks for 60.00 a piece couldn't believe it. I feel bad for the guys who can't chase this stuff around. I would have never bought anything off his table anyway just because he jacked the price up so much on the ammo. I would have figured everything else was over priced. I am all about free will, nobody has to pay the ridiculous price but it is sad that people put profit over ethics.

Last Edited:
My brother brought this shooting yesterday. He got 2 of these 500 round boxes from his girl friends Dad. I don't know if it's sad or funny.

IMG_20140302_102541868.jpg

Uh folks a $1 in 1968 is equal to $6.50 now....you do the math....that box of 22 is actually more expensive in 1968 than normal non scare prices now....it is neat where it was purchased though

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top