JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've recently experienced some very unreasonable things, as have some of my compatriots.

If I'm shooting anything, be it .22LR or .380 or gas from my whatchamacallit, LEAVE MY DANG BRASS ALONE! If I leave and it's still there, great. Pick it up, dance around it, have a festival, whatever. But don't pick up my brass while I'm standing there.

Better yet, let's make a deal. You don't pick up the brass i've shot till after I'm gone and I won't call you all those nasty names I won't say in front of your mom.

Ain't shot noone yet, but the day's still young yet.

Last Edited:
It's been my experience that all it takes to remedy the situation is a simple and friendly "I plan on keeping those". I have yet to have anyone take it wrong or get upset or butt hurt yet. Simple, and courteous.

It's been my experience that all it takes to remedy the situation is a simple and friendly "I plan on keeping those". I have yet to have anyone take it wrong or get upset or butt hurt yet. Simple, and courteous.

another problem solved. I swear these boards are like virtual counseling.

Camel's nose in the tent. Soon, they'll be standing next to you with a butterfly net (eliminates those pesky "neck dings" from the brass hitting the ground). Voice of experience. I'm patenting the technique.

At an official range if the shooters start dumping factory 1 x brass in one of my calibers into the bin I may ask them if they mind dumping it into a box for me, or if they mind if I sweep it up between shoot sessions if it's an autoloader. I usually have a small posse with me and one of our team who is not shooting at the moment can do that. In return if they seem interested in some of our bad toys we often let them shoot them. It's very impolite to approach someone while they are shooting and start taking their brass.. akin to theft.. but as stated above just normal polite manners solves the issue

If it doesn't then you 'll have to go all Deliverance on them :drunk::s0012::drunk:

At an official range if the shooters start dumping factory 1 x brass in one of my calibers into the bin I may ask them if they mind dumping it into a box for me, or if they mind if I sweep it up between shoot sessions if it's an autoloader. I usually have a small posse with me and one of our team who is not shooting at the moment can do that. In return if they seem interested in some of our bad toys we often let them shoot them. It's very impolite to approach someone while they are shooting and start taking their brass.. akin to theft.. but as stated above just normal polite manners solves the issue

If it doesn't then you 'll have to go all Deliverance on them :drunk::s0012::drunk:

Blitz, Have you ever had the triangle pit (Cap Forest) guy try to pick up your brass when out shooting? Ive read some forum posts about how aggressive he is....

Reason number 12 I like belonging to a private Club. never having to deal with this. the only time anyone else has picked up my brass at our club was to help me pick it up. Now once in a while another member will accidently sweep up some of my brass while they are sweeping the area they shot at. Again I have always had it returned to me.

We also have a brass barrel where unwanted brass is put. And it is club custom that if you reload your welcome to take any suitable brass you find in the barrel home. I regularly mine the barrel for those calibers we shoot. Sometimes I get a lot sometimes someone else does.

Most times this works like a champ - I've tried it and had about a 85% success rate.

It's that 15% that triggered the original post.....

So you are saying the 'scroungers' will approach the distance to where your brass is thrown and start picking it up while you are still shooting?

Yup - to the extent that flying brass from my current shot lands in their bucket/pocket/hand/mouth/whatever.

As you might guess, a wee bit annoying.

I spend alot of time shooting a .300whisper Ar that I have to make every peice of brass I have from .223. I put up a brass cathcher on the bench or I will take a paice of cardboard and prop it between my Ammo can and a sandbag to deflect the brass back to My benchtop.The only problem is If its wendy, But I also like the way it cuts some of the other BS.. Sorta like wearing blinders ? I plan to make a PVC. Stand in the near future and fasion a Smelt dipping net or the like as a brass catcher.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top