JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use a Leupold and it works great but limits out about 1k yards. Longest I measured was 1100 and that was with a rest. I also used a buddy's Leica and it was wayyy better. Ranged well over 2k yards easy, has illuminated numbers which doesn't sound like a big deal until it is. I'll probably buy a Leica next time I'm in the market

I use a Leupold and it works great but limits out about 1k yards. Longest I measured was 1100 and that was with a rest. I also used a buddy's Leica and it was wayyy better. Ranged well over 2k yards easy, has illuminated numbers which doesn't sound like a big deal until it is. I'll probably buy a Leica next time I'm in the market
The one here ranges to 2800 yards with 1/2 yard accuracy, and is illuminated pretty well.

I haven't used a Leica, so I can't speak to theirs, but in my experience, the Leupold ones (especially the ones with TBR or TBR/W) work great.

I have an old [ 15 years or so] B&L. It has no features, I have not tried to range an animal at over 400yds, but it has been dependable.
I'm thinking about upgrading. What features are appealing to most users, and which do you never use?
Are the features more dependent on how you use the range finder?
I have seen some that say they correct for slopes up or down. Is that something people like, or just a gimmick? I am mostly a stand hunter, and have used mine mostly to range objects that I know are within range So that any animal within those landmarks are within range. Thanks DR

4-5 years ago I bought a Vortex.
Deciding factors for me was, price for good enough for my limited anticipated use and the "lifetime" warrantee (figured if it dies they would likely send me a newer model.
For my uses it has proven itself adequate.
Would I rather have a better name brand? sure just couldn't wont justify the expense for a technology that ages poorly verses my need / use.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews