Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Rabbits?

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by svg4, Nov 9, 2009.

1. svg4

svg4 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

When I was a kid, one of my friends dad took us somewhere over in the Bend/ Burns area for winter rabbit hunting. There was snow on the ground and rabbits everywhere. Does that hunting still exist? I don't hear anyone talk about it It seems like a good way to keep sharp and not just put the guns away for the winter. Thanks

2. goose

goose oregon Member

I think EE Wilson has a rabbit season that started in the begging of this month

3. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

I went rabbit hunting with a friend down in Paisley last year, it was a blast.....literally! Jack rabbits-o-plenty, plus a few coyotes here and there. If you go down that way, obviously make sure you either on public property, or have permission. It is beautiful country down there, pretty near the same area as Christmas Valley.

4. MilitaryMan84

MilitaryMan84 Mcminnvile, Oregon Member

here is a rabbit I saw a few days ago walking around out in the woods by my folks house... Can you see it? lol

CIMG1482.jpg

5. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

I see it!

Looks like a cotton tail to me.

6. injun51

injun51 ON THE FRINGE New Member

Cotton tail----jack rabbit. They all taste the same,-------yummy! LOL

7. Oakley1wa

Oakley1wa Beaverton, Oregon, United States Member

This sounds like fun... Maybe i'll do some research and make a weekend trip :)

8. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I went to EE Wilson one time with my son. Unfortunately it was during Pheasant season and it was like Baghdad there was so much shooting. WAY too many hunters for the area, of course most of them didn't venture too far off the road, but we left after about 1 1/2 hours. I think if we had walked as far in as possible and worked our way back it would have been better, but then the shots would have been coming at us! :paranoid: