JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys,

I'm looking for areas to hunt rabbit (any type, really) this spring and, while E.E. Wilson seems quite attractive, I have a stockpile of 17 HMR rounds that'll I'd like to make use of and that is not allowed there. I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of legal and decent general areas? To be sure, I'm definitely not asking anyone to offer up their secret spot, but more so looking for a very general, "it's legal and possible in X state forest or wildlife area." Would really appreciate some tips, and would happily send a generous donation to NWFA in your name for your troubles if your tip(s) pan out. Thanks all.

There are a few areas off North Fork Wolf Creek and NcGregor basin areas, that a fire burnt up a couple years back, that are great for squirrels and rabbits.

Hey guys,

I'm looking for areas to hunt rabbit (any type, really) this spring and, while E.E. Wilson seems quite attractive, I have a stockpile of 17 HMR rounds that'll I'd like to make use of and that is not allowed there. I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of legal and decent general areas? To be sure, I'm definitely not asking anyone to offer up their secret spot, but more so looking for a very general, "it's legal and possible in X state forest or wildlife area." Would really appreciate some tips, and would happily send a generous donation to NWFA in your name for your troubles if your tip(s) pan out. Thanks all.
There are no zones to hunt rabbit in Oregon, the entire state is open to rabbit hunting without weapon restrictions on public lands, state forests, national forests and BLM lands. Wildlife areas and refuges may have weapon restrictions.
You can find rabbits in the coast range but the most rabbits I've seen are in central and eastern Oregon.

Ive only occasionally hunted them, Id like to hunt them more but just dont see enough of them in the coast range to justify it. I like them grilled on the bbq

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top