JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very first thing sunup, and very last bit of light near sundown. Wabbits are nocturnal feeders.

Find somebody in the countryside that has a large garden and has seen wabbits raiding it, then ask if you can set up and snipe them when they come in morning or night.

If you really want to get wabbits, drive the back roads at night. If you don't mind roadkill that is.... :p;):D

I wonder if you could post an ad on craigslist or some farming forum to find a local farm with a wabbit problem.

Might have some farms in battleground or fruit valley etc that would love a guy to roll in and harvest some fat and tasty agricultural nuisance bunnies?

@IronSights Rabbit numbers go in cycles, and the areas west of Mt. Hood right now Cotton tails are booming. I'll have close to 40 that I can see in my field in the mornings when leaving for work. My dog runs down and eats at least one a day. Use OnX or something similar and do some E scouting.
I'm not sure how the Snowshoe hares are doing this year, but I used to have good luck with them up off the spur roads near Trillium lake. Lots of people up there directly at the lake, but once you're away from the lake everyone disappears.
Good luck.

Hey, everyone. Sorry I posted and then disappeared. My sister died, and I was attending to that and helping care for her on hospice and her family.

I appreciate the good ideas and the location suggestions quite a bit!

As for tularemia, its named for Tulare, California, which is near where I grew up. As far as I know, the telltale sign is white spots on the liver and if anyone finds spots on a rabbit's liver, the whole critter is supposed to be bagged and given to ODFW. It's very contagious to other rabbits and somewhat to humans, but makes the animals easy prey. If not eaten by something else, they usually die in a few days from the disease, I think. I am worried a bit about this rabbit hemorrhagic fever that is supposed to be coming to OR soon. I plan to wear gloves when I dress any out and have a little kit with gloves and baggies just in case.

I've put up a few ads on craigslist but not gotten responses. Maybe people who have them hunt them themselves or don't want strangers wandering their property with firearms. I may get out this Friday or next, but we will see. I'll definitely post results if I have success.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top