JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Stumbled across this on another site, and for some reason even though LRRP's were generally more Leg than Para immediately thought of @AndyinEverson ...

After the demise of the best Airborne plan, a most terrifying effect occurs on the battlefield. This effect is known as the rule of the LGOPs (Little Groups of Paratroopers). This is, in its purest form, small groups of pissed-off 19 year old American paratroopers. They are well trained. They are armed to the teeth and lack serious adult supervision. They collectively remember the Commander's intent as "March to the sound of the guns and kill anyone who is not dressed like you" - or something like that. Happily they go about the day's work...

That might of applied to me "back in the day"... But nowadays its more :
"March to the smell of coffee and never get between me and my coffee mug"...:eek::D

Sometimes at school , usually around Veterans day , someone will look up Airborne , Ranger , LRRP / LRSD etc ... and seem genuinely surprised that I served in those types of units.
It is always amazing to me just how strong the image of a stereotype can be.
Andy

Yeah ... But I'm very lazy and being Airborne , means that gravity does most of the work....:D

All kidding aside I am very proud of the schools I went to in the Army and most of the folks I served with.
To any and all who served no matter what branch , MOS or places of duty... Respect is due.
Working a tough job far away from home , little pay , usually in a inhospitable place and preforming a duty towards others and just not serving yourself ... is worthy of Respect.
Andy

Last Edited:
Thankfully from all I hear from the guys fresh out of the services pay is MUCH better than it used to be. Also, the quality of people coming out I believe is good as ever. It's easy to say the new guys are soft or whatever, but it's just not true.

Stopping near McCord airbase at lunch time, I see a lot of, we could never get away with that (kinda military hippie), but these guys are as good as ever.

Bless them all!! I don't care if you are in a office or behind the lines. They all have a job to do and none of us ground pounders can do there job to the best of there ability if we don't have the support.:)

I do have more respect for the special opps guys. It takes a special breed and they can get thrown into a lot of different sheit. o_O

Yeah ... But I'm very lazy and being Airborne , means that gravity does most of the work....:D

All kidding aside I am very proud of the schools I went to in the Army and most of the folks I served with.
To any and all who served no matter what branch , MOS or places of duty... Respect is due.
Working a tough job far away from home , little pay , usually in a inhospitable place and preforming a duty towards others and just not serving yourself ... is worthy of Respect.
Andy

Really, Andy! ALL DUE RESPECT!!! I respect and admire all our special forces! Especially you, who I'm very proud to know! :)

That might of applied to me "back in the day"... But nowadays its more :
"March to the smell of coffee and never get between me and my coffee mug"...:eek::D

Sometimes at school , usually around Veterans day , someone will look up Airborne , Ranger , LRRP / LRSD etc ... and seem genuinely surprised that I served in those types of units.
It is always amazing to me just how strong the image of a stereotype can be.
Andy

Dude.... you forgot the smell of BACON!! o_O

Stumbled across this on another site, and for some reason even though LRRP's were generally more Leg than Para immediately thought of @AndyinEverson ...
Co worker on mine was in the 101st. He laughed hard at that when I showed it to him a while back. He had heard it mentioned before when he was still jumping out of planes. :)
He said it seemed the guys in his unit got hurt more often playing around when they were not in action that they did when they deployed. Kept them so fired up all the time that if they did not give them some work they would get hurt rough housing with each other. LOL

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top