JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Zero information useful to the incident. There was a dog mauling, ok. Then there were threats made by an unidentified individual toward another individual. KATU crack writers can't formulate a coherant story with clearly identified parties. Then we skip from the nebulous threats to the police materializing and "pop x5" with one dead guy with two handguns and police reporting shots fired with a dead civie?

Lemme do some surmising...

Someone gets mauled by uncontrolled free roaming dogs at the trailer park.

Cops get called about mauling / uncontrolled aggressive dogs.

Guy, with two guns, injects himself. Maybe he called the cops, maybe the dogs retarded owner who doesn't care enough about the dogs or his neighvors does, or maybe another third party does.

Cops show up. They are confronted by or confront gun toting man. Lets call him Rick Grimes just for fun. Rick Grimes is pissed off, but has authority issues. Cops try IDing him as hes somehow involved. The cops don't see his zombie tattered sheriff shirt, and his pudgy autistic son Carl is off eating puddin' by the gallon, wearing Rick's hat on the roof of someone else's trailer. Mouthy Rick does not comply when the Po-leece say "keep your dick beaters off of that thar heater, mister" - maybe Rick is having a flashback and he hears John Wayne's voice from Rooster Cogburn yell "fill yer hand you sonofa-" then the cops start yanking triggers like its Free Ammo Day at Billy Bobs House of Heaters.

Then the lady from the first bit, we'll call her Tammy, comes out and accuses the cops of murdering Rick, even tho her bubblegum was in the trailer and she did not witness it go down.

Then Johnny Snowflake, SJW PhD from KATU gets wind of the incident and writes the worst story in modern Portland journalistic history and leaves out all important details, but in the rush to be relevant in the 24 hour instant news universe, had to have something.

And then I had eggs, sausage, and sourdough toast for breakfast.

Makes sense.

Hearsay in a story with no context. And you get it all figured out?

I seam to remember a story about some poor misunderstood kid '' Just turning his life around''. Being shot by the police with his HANDS IN THE AIR!

Turned out to be a fabrication by somebody with an agenda.
You know. An agenda. o_O

I'll live with myself, thanks! ;)

So you know he wasn't breaking the law? Maybe he has a felony warrant and wasn't allowed to even have a gun?
I should be able to walk into any store, in any state, carrying what ever I want in a holster under my shirt if I so choose! No State or elected government official should be able to tell us that we can't PERIOD

Your words, unless I know otherwise he's just a citizen carrying legally.

If he wasn't breaking the law, they murderded him.

Again, zero facts in that "news" story, and its not murder if he dud something retarded like reaching for a weapon, or failing to comply if the police had him at gunpoint and were giving him commands. It would be murder if they just walked up and shot him. If they contacted him and said "do not touch those guns" or "keep your hands away from your weapons" or similar, and he refused, or moved to even brush the gun with his elbow, he signed his own death warrant. There is a right way and a wrong way to deal with the police, and if you think your rights are being violated. On the street, in the middle of an inyeraction is never the place or time. If a cop tells you don't touch a weapon or get your hands up, comply and live, or refuse and take your chances. But without knowing the details aside from Tammy being in her trailer and hearing yelling (what was being yelled? Were the cops yelling hands up? Don't move? Don't reach for that weapon? Was Rick Grimes yelling 'F you'? Maybe 'shoot me, MF'ers' - who knows) then gunfire. To form the opinion someone was murdered is far fetched from the details given, tho I sense a general hatred for police coming from you. Maybe you have had negative interactions with them? In any case, until the true facts of the incident come to light, I'll reserve judgement. This is another example of why cops should all wear body cams, because the footage can be made public and we can see from the officers POV what goes down, and why recording the police should be encouraged and not illegal, so there can be multiple angles to view incidents from.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top