JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"Just because a convicted felon who lives alone has a gun safe full of firearms in his bedroom, does that make him a "felon in possession of firearms"?"

If the felon has the combination (or key) that changes thing entirely. If they do not have the ability to open the safe would they be ok?

Yes, there are some legal remedies to get rights restored, but that is a different discussion.

I have a friend who was convicted of a felony, has served his time and probation/parole (whatever). He had a gun collection before, those are all in his wife's name and he does not have access to the safe. Collectible firearms are an investment, some are family heirlooms. If she were to be in the hospital or when she passes away, then what?

Hate to say it but even if they do not have access someone might come of it if something happens.

This might be a question for a lawyer or someone who knows the laws real well.

Did not even read the article at first as I just saw that now. Not something I would want to mess with. If your fiend has family give the guns to them to hold onto.

Hate to say it but even if they do not have access someone might come of it if something happens.

This might be a question for a lawyer or someone who knows the laws real well.

That one;)

I'm not touching legal stuff - Id only listen to a lawyer I was paying and not a single person on the Internet :cool:

Well first thing is, if he never does anything illegal or wrong there is very little chance that anything would cause the cops to come looking for him. That being said I can't imagine there's a jury in the world who would not convict him of being in possession of a firearm if they were in his house and he was the only one who live there

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top