JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For the record, in case there's any confusion here... I also work hard, and pay taxes. I also receive zero public assistance for my home-making wife and five kids under 18.

Why am I not fighting mad?

Because you have a job and you are able to pay your bills and feed your kids. Btw, are you a government employee who's paycheck is paid by tax dollars?

Last Edited:
Much smarter men than you have absolutely no clue what's going on in other people's lives. Drop some ego and mind your own dn business. If you have ANY reason to suspect abuse of the system, it's your civic duty to report it. Otherwise, you have no standing to complain.

You're absolutely right about the reporting it, but it's how you would go about doing so that may be a question. I don't know if many of those here are familiar with the WIC program, but they have an excellent system for reporting retraining, abuse and a number of other issues. It would be a very good idea for the state to follow that in regards to EBT.
But then there's the question of who would be reporting the "abuse" as it is different in all our eyes.
Being behind the checkstand as opposed to being behind the EBT customer are two totally separate issues. I find myself disgusted many times throughout the day. I keep reminding myself that whatever the items sold equals more labor hours for me to schedule my associates. Whatever the form of payment applies to our paychecks.
Tough.
Wifey

EBT cards can be approved for many things, food when you are in Drug Treatment. Even cash allowance why your in there for Cigarettes etc. Many centers take this money unaccounted for from the holder. The EBT is and easy card to fraud and use, and the generic easy password these things use amazes me and encourages more fraud. There are people who have been allowed to pay water bills and rent deposits on HUD. The system is out of control.

Once again....The EBT card can have TWO (2) kinds of funds "Loaded" monthly onto it. One is CASH, (Don't know if they still call it "Welfare" or not), the other funds can only be used for the puchase of FOOD. The cash portion of the EBT system can be used for anything they want, cigarettes OR a bus pass to get to and from a job, beer, OR paying the rent, diapers, etc etc etc.

I was just at autozone and on the front door it has a sign that they accept EBT cards. Just shook my head.

Although the signature on the paycheck belongs to someone who has quite possibly never been on the sales floor, the actual check itself comes from the paying customer regardless of the form of payment. It is often unfortunate that those on the sales floor must appreciate any form of payment so that they may continue gainful employment.

Wifey

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads