JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a IWI x95 in good shape, and I'm also collecting AK platform on all calibers
Now I'm thinking of using the x95 to trade a PSL rifle, you guys think this would be a fair trade on both ends?
I don't do a lot of long-range shooting and would be happy to put rounds on target at 300 meters, .223 would meet this purpose, so is it worth the effort to get a PSL?
And I know PSL is running on the expensive side at this moment, so maybe just looking for a vepr with a long barrel chambered in 762x54r or 308 instead?
Thank you

PSL has the cool factor.
That being said.. Id only value it around $1500 max with mags as those are getting up there in price as well..

IWI's go for about that and more..
about $1500-$1700 right?

How many mags come with it? (the PSL)
I have a hard time accepting the $1500 -$2000 price tag for something if its only got 1-2 mags and used to sell for $600-$800..

Last Edited:
thanks, I see it.
Yes compare with the value I'm kicking myself every time I think about PSL
because I saw a PSL for 950 bucks back in 2017 when I was stationed in Ft Wainwright in Alaska, comes with scope and 2 mags, not sure what else.
Back then I was like "who the hell gonna need a stretched AK, not even a vepr".
Now I want one, but damn the new price tag is ridiculous

thanks, I see it.
Yes compare with the value I'm kicking myself every time I think about PSL
because I saw a PSL for 950 bucks back in 2017 when I was stationed in Ft Wainwright in Alaska, comes with scope and 2 mags, not sure what else.
Back then I was like "who the hell gonna need a stretched AK, not even a vepr".
Now I want one, but damn the new price tag is ridiculous
I missed the PSL boat as well. But value wise I think your IWI holds more granted the PSL has collector appeal/value and moves faster on an open forum market.

but with the vepr you get modern quality and even modern steel mags can be had now in the same price range as the PSL mags.

I lust after PSL's but the price tag nowadays stops me. Got other rifles Id rather get. If they hit $700-$850 Id be all over one.

I missed the PSL boat as well. But value wise I think your IWI holds more granted the PSL has collector appeal/value and moves faster on an open forum market.

but with the vepr you get modern quality and even modern steel mags can be had now in the same price range as the PSL mags.

I lust after PSL's but the price tag nowadays stops me. Got other rifles Id rather get. If they hit $700-$850 Id be all over one.
I doubt PSL price would drop that much unless some lucky dude found tons of used ones——like those so-called battle-worn Romanian AK/RPKs? And brought them into the US market. But yeah I agree x95 would trade faster on the current and maybe even future market. For PSL, it is just overpriced at this point. I really hope they would lift the ban so Russian SVD/Chinese type 85/86 would be seen here again and hopefully cut the market price in half.

that sounds like "it's a cool gun, but that's all about it"o_O
Its fairly accurate for what is essentially a stretched out RPK receiver with riveted reinforcement plates.

Personally, I'd rather just buy a used PSL than trade for one. There's very few rifles I'd ever trade for, and its mostly in the AK and FAL category. Even though the PSL is essentially a beefed up RPK, its still not something I'd trade for.

Its fairly accurate for what is essentially a stretched out RPK receiver with riveted reinforcement plates.

Personally, I'd rather just buy a used PSL than trade for one. There's very few rifles I'd ever trade for, and its mostly in the AK and FAL category. Even though the PSL is essentially a beefed up RPK, its still not something I'd trade for.
true, save some money on other things would be a wiser choice at this point

Unless youe X95 was one of those problem childs, but if not then don't trade.

Now maybe a converted saiga or vepr, cause if you're gonna trade for an AK might as well go russian. But depending on the conversion I'd probably want some stuff on top of it.

Fair can mean many things...
Speaking for myself ...
Fair in regards to a trade...If the item traded has greater use or worth to me , even if what I am trading for is of a lesser dollar value....And the other person is happy with what they are getting...then its a good trade.

With that said...
Many folks don't look at trades this way...so you gotta ask yourself , just what do you really want out of this trade...and is what you are trading , worth the loss of it.
Which all can mean different things to different people.
Andy

300 meters seems like a PSL would be wasted, IMO.

It'd be kinda neat to see how it'd do consistently 600+, but if you don't have that distance to shoot safely & conveniently, I'd pass honestly.

If you really really want one, just to check off a personal tickbox/must have, then buy one new & run it for a year or two. Then sell it off.

Seems that there prices are up there, but are they actually selling in this soft market?

Mayhaps swing by LuckySG's shop while he is running his black Friday in person / in shop special, to see if he can get a discount for you off of Atlantic Firearms MSRP ($1850).

There is no way back machine, and I don't buy firearms as investments. Although it is nice that firearms do always have some true real value.

No one has any idea what future market/prices will be/do, so when buying/trading on anything just be happy on the deal you made at the time. Hard stop.

Unless youe X95 was one of those problem childs, but if not then don't trade.

Now maybe a converted saiga or vepr, cause if you're gonna trade for an AK might as well go russian. But depending on the conversion I'd probably want some stuff on top of it.
im looking into zastava m76, seems legit rifle although the price is floating up now

Fair can mean many things...
Speaking for myself ...
Fair in regards to a trade...If the item traded has greater use or worth to me , even if what I am trading for is of a lesser dollar value....And the other person is happy with what they are getting...then its a good trade.

With that said...
Many folks don't look at trades this way...so you gotta ask yourself , just what do you really want out of this trade...and is what you are trading , worth the loss of it.
Which all can mean different things to different people.
Andy
I might stop considering trading at this point. The marksman rifle in 762x54r category all seems like overpriced at the present market.

300 meters seems like a PSL would be wasted, IMO.

It'd be kinda neat to see how it'd do consistently 600+, but if you don't have that distance to shoot safely & conveniently, I'd pass honestly.

If you really really want one, just to check off a personal tickbox/must have, then buy one new & run it for a year or two. Then sell it off.

Seems that there prices are up there, but are they actually selling in this soft market?

Mayhaps swing by LuckySG's shop while he is running his black Friday in person / in shop special, to see if he can get a discount for you off of Atlantic Firearms MSRP ($1850).

There is no way back machine, and I don't buy firearms as investments. Although it is nice that firearms do always have some true real value.

No one has any idea what future market/prices will be/do, so when buying/trading on anything just be happy on the deal you made at the time. Hard stop.

True, just enjoy the simple happiness brought from every different individual type of firearms. I might get a 300 blk ar pistol instead. That would be more practical and fun to utilize with a can

8mm? One of the few available 8mm mausers you can't break. The hakim you could by not adjusting the gas right. But the yugo? If you can break an AK, you shouldn't own a rifle!
I just checked price on gunbroker, nope, I would just put that money into a DD 300blk pistol. I gonna pass AK marksman rifle for now lol

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top