JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
About 5 years back a made a few pvc bows for a camping trip. They were a hit with the family but I kept the power down for the little ones. I just stumbled upon them and decided I needed to make a couple for myself. These builds are super easy and the results are quite good. The small one has a 72lbs draw at 28in and the larger is 65lbs. 46in and 54in overall length respectively. I still need to paint the larger. Cost for each is a whopping $2.

Some guys take these to the extreme. Backyardbowyer on yt is a master and I got the idea from him.
Anyone else try these out?
IMG_20190503_151718805.jpg

Neat idea. At such a low cost, as long as they are safe, would be great for prepping. Could add them to stashes, keep 1 in each vehicle etc. Good as a last ditch weapon and food getter.

Neat idea. At such a low cost, as long as they are safe, would be great for prepping. Could add them to stashes, keep 1 in each vehicle etc. Good as a last ditch weapon and food getter.

They are actually safer than wood and fiberglass bows. When they fail it is almost always at the handle; the failure is just a bend/crease. No exploding or snapping/splintering (unless you burn them when doing the hot forming.) The small one was made as an addition to my vehicle kit.

They are actually safer than wood and fiberglass bows. When they fail it is almost always at the handle; the failure is just a bend/crease. No exploding or snapping/splintering (unless you burn them when doing the hot forming.) The small one was made as an addition to my vehicle kit.

How many shots do you usually get out of one before failure?

How many shots do you usually get out of one before failure?

One that I made 5 years ago has probably had 1000 shots or more. When I took it camping there were 30 people shooting it for a week, plus all of the shots that I've done. It still draws at 35lbs and shoots great. Just keep them stored unstrung and away from the sun.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top