JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just bought a bow and am going to immerse myself into bow hunting the next few years and will be needing a good pack. Does anyone have a recommendation and what makes the pack so good? Also, what are some of the packs to stay away from?

I like the badlands gear.

Lifetime no questions asked warrenty.

There are more expensive pack and a whole lot more cheaper. With packs you mostly get what you pay for.

I have been hunting with a nimrod pack for 12 years and still love it. They are a local pnw company and originally started making gear for the fire service. Not cheap but well made and great customer service. Mine is the Pinnacle fanny pack and gear hauler option.
When I kill something I do not have to go back to get pack frame as the cargo freighter pack stored in fanny pack adapts to harness and will haul rear half a deer or a elk rear quarter. If you can hack the weight you can also get more trim or backstraps in fanny pack portion.

Nimrod Outdoor Co. Outdoor gear, Pistol holsters, Pouches and Scabbards, Quivers, Bino System, bino straps, bino-topia suspender.

Suprisingly comfortable. There are aluminum stays that slip in the hauler and it has many straps to adjust it to the shoulder harness system. The only negetative is it is a bit challeging to put the hauler on correctly especially the first few times but it gets easier the more you use it.

Go to sportsmans Wharehouse and cabelas and try them on and touch them before you buy one. They are not a one size fits all and what works for one person may not work for you.

Find the model and brand you want and then shop around online for the cheapest price you can get it.

If you want budget but quality gear, try lapolicegear.com. I've been using there operator pack for 9 months or so as an edc and it has held up great with a $40 price - it is almost as nice as the maxpidition for $160

Not a pack...but , my quiver from Brisky Bows ( and bow as well ) hangs on my right side and out of the way of my pack.
Just an idea for a quiver that won't get in the way...and makes it easy to get arrows...
Andy
DSC06040.jpg

Go to sportsmans Wharehouse and cabelas and try them on and touch them before you buy one. They are not a one size fits all and what works for one person may not work for you.

Find the model and brand you want and then shop around online for the cheapest price you can get it.

If you want budget but quality gear, try lapolicegear.com. I've been using there operator pack for 9 months or so as an edc and it has held up great with a $40 price - it is almost as nice as the maxpidition for $160

+1

Lapolicegear makes really nice packs for a good price, pants too.:)

I hunted with a Nimrod pack for the last decade. It's a solid pack but not a great hauler. It's also comfortable for day hunts. Not waterproof though and gets heavy in the rain. Newer ones are supposed to be more waterproof.

For late season I just got a Mystery Ranch pack and it beats anything I used before. I love it.

My son swears by his Kifaru which is basically a custom pack but even he was impressed with the Mystery Ranch. It's more affordable.

I looked at Ebelstock too and heard and read about Exo packs but couldn't find one to try on. Both seem worth checking out. Do love my Mystery Ranch though.

I used a fanny pack since the weather was good during bow season and I didn't need as much gear. It was very useful since I found myself dropping down into a crawl on occasion. I remember being 100 yards off the county road about a mile from the house having to crawl through the open toward a gang of elk.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top