JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last year my buddy talked me into tagging along and basically being a pack mule for him during archery elk season last year and I caught the bug. I finally got my first compound bow and have been practicing maybe a little too much according to my wife. I ended up getting a Hoyt Powermax and some basic gear on it for now until I decide what I truly want. So far I have been pretty consistent at 20yrds and slowly building from there. There is way too much to learn but have been trying to be a sponge of all this new info. Way different than rifle style hunting!

IMG_2414.JPG

Enjoy hunting during the pre-rut; its not uncommon to spot and stalk a bull several times a day. 70 yards seemed to be the closest I was able to get to a bull before the herd's matriarch busted me out. Today's bows have enough energy to pass through at 100 yards, but 60 yards was my limit.

All of my archery deer tags were filled < 30 yards.

Archery & IFPL go hand in hand here in Leftern Oregon. Hunters should be 100% + certain of their access priviledges during IFPL 2 or higher, BEFORE going around the private timber co gates.

Being winded by the elk is common.

Shout out for Kutch Archery for a great 3D course, sales, and service.

Enjoy!

Very nice set up. I'm sure you will get your chance to put one down. Being able to stalk within 100 yards let alone 20 yards of any animal will help all aspects of your hunting. Plus you get 30 days to try!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top