JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is a link to their official statement on the 2nd Amendment

<broken link removed>

National PTA supports the following specific policy recommendations:
• Mandatory license to purchase a firearm
• Mandatory three day waiting period and background check to purchase a firearm,
regardless of retail venue
• Prohibition on the sale of more than one handgun per month to any individual
• Prohibition of firearm purchase and possession by those convicted of spousal abuse and
child abuse
• Mandatory increased annual license fee for any firearm retailer
• Reenactment and expansion of federal ban on the sale and possession of military-style
assault weapons.
• Federal ban on non-sporting ammunition
• Establish federal tax on assault weapon ammunition
• Mandatory restrictions on Internet firearms sales, including restrictions on materials
used to make/modify guns

As a teacher, I get their monthly newsletter, which I just unsubscribed from and proceeded to send them a nasty note as to why I will no longer be a member of their organization. I also let them know that if they wanted to keep students safe, money would be better spent on encouraging counseling services. Our middle school counselors have 700 students each. There is no time for "counseling". It's all scheduling and behavior issues. Why don't they have trainings for teachers on how to recognize potentially mentally ill students and how to refer them for an evaluation? Why don't they offer parents resources for their children if they suspect something is not quite right? Those are things that would have a better impact than disarming honest American citizens.

Anyway, I'm sure most of you suspected this was their opinion, but here it is in black and white. I told them in my email that I would be letting everyone know what their position is.

A female I know, who is a strong supported of the PTA and anti-gun made the mistake of opening her mouth one day about guns. Not to say the PTA is all females, but I think those who are anti-gun are basically brain dead and when we come across them leave them to their own demise.

Here is part of conversation I had dead dead anti -gun person.

I do not want to insult the female species by calling her a lady or woman because she is too stupid to be either, but anyways the subject of guns came one day and she said she wished they are gone and destroyed, I looked at her well then what are you doing working for DOD where sole mission is ultimately to destroy, mame, kill, obliterate those who do us harm in one way or another.

She said well I guess I need to rethink this, but I do not think that people should have guns in their homes or carrying them around.

You mean to tell me that if a guy was raping you you would not want a person with a gun to shoot them to stop them.

You mean to tell that is someone or some group was raping a teenage girl or boy you not want for there to be someone with a gun around to shoot kill the animals and stop it.

You mean if someone or a group was robbing an elderly couple you not want for someone with a gun to come out their house or to be driving by and put a stop to it.

You mean to tell me that if someone is breaking into the condo that you stand there and let them do it, because you cannot call 911 because the police officers responding will be carrying guns and since you are against them then you can call on them only when it is convenient for you.

this went on for a few minutes, she shut her stupid mouth and has not talked to me in 3 three years.

This is the kind of logic I have found works with these idiots. The people who come up with this stuff are flat out stupid and brain dead and the reason they stop where they do is because they know that they have to chip away at the 2a one piece at a time, if they try it all at once it will not work.

Ask them what their overall agend is and then repeat what I said to them and wathcing turn angry because they do not have an intelligent repsonse.

&#8226; Prohibition of firearm purchase and possession by those convicted of spousal abuse and
child abuse

This is the only thing in there I agree with. The rest of that is absurd. Especially banning "non-sporting" ammo. What the hell is that? I plan on using my AR-15 (when I finish getting it built) for hunting small game like feral pigs. So that's a sporting use. And I'm sure there are people who target shoot with .223 also, and that's a sport. Whoever wrote that stuff is just doing the knee-jerk reaction and overreacting, just like any good government office does.

A female I know, who is a strong supported of the PTA and anti-gun made the mistake of opening her mouth one day about guns. Not to say the PTA is all females, but I think those who are anti-gun are basically brain dead and when we come across them leave them to their own demise.

Here is part of conversation I had dead dead anti -gun person.

I do not want to insult the female species by calling her a lady or woman because she is too stupid to be either, but anyways the subject of guns came one day and she said she wished they are gone and destroyed, I looked at her well then what are you doing working for DOD where sole mission is ultimately to destroy, mame, kill, obliterate those who do us harm in one way or another.

She said well I guess I need to rethink this, but I do not think that people should have guns in their homes or carrying them around.

You mean to tell me that if a guy was raping you you would not want a person with a gun to shoot them to stop them.

You mean to tell that is someone or some group was raping a teenage girl or boy you not want for there to be someone with a gun around to shoot kill the animals and stop it.

You mean if someone or a group was robbing an elderly couple you not want for someone with a gun to come out their house or to be driving by and put a stop to it.

You mean to tell me that if someone is breaking into the condo that you stand there and let them do it, because you cannot call 911 because the police officers responding will be carrying guns and since you are against them then you can call on them only when it is convenient for you.

this went on for a few minutes, she shut her stupid mouth and has not talked to me in 3 three years.

This is the kind of logic I have found works with these idiots. The people who come up with this stuff are flat out stupid and brain dead and the reason they stop where they do is because they know that they have to chip away at the 2a one piece at a time, if they try it all at once it will not work.

Ask them what their overall agend is and then repeat what I said to them and wathcing turn angry because they do not have an intelligent repsonse.

your right BUT THEY FEEL GOOD with their opinion (and we know what those are like)

• Mandatory license to purchase a firearm
• Mandatory three day waiting period and background check to purchase a firearm,
• Prohibition on the sale of more than one handgun per month to any individual
• Prohibition of firearm purchase and possession by those convicted of spousal abuse and
child abuse
• Mandatory increased annual license fee for any firearm retailer
• Reenactment and expansion of federal ban on the sale and possession of military-style
assault weapons.
• Federal ban on non-sporting ammunition
• Establish federal tax on assault weapon ammunition
• Mandatory restrictions on Internet firearms sales, including restrictions on materials
used to make/modify guns

Not one item on that list will stop criminals from committing crimes with guns. They are trying to make themselves feel good while punishing those who lawfully enjoy firearms.

A female I know, who is a strong supported of the PTA and anti-gun made the mistake of opening her mouth one day about guns...

At least something positive came from the encounter. ;)

This is the only thing in there I agree with. The rest of that is absurd. Especially banning "non-sporting" ammo. What the hell is that? I plan on using my AR-15 (when I finish getting it built) for hunting small game like feral pigs. So that's a sporting use. And I'm sure there are people who target shoot with .223 also, and that's a sport. Whoever wrote that stuff is just doing the knee-jerk reaction and overreacting, just like any good government office does.

I know of a club that has a once a month .22 CF varmint silhouette shoot. Depending on the shooter the cartridges range from .22 K hornet to .22-250 with the predominate selection being .223 Remington. I would think this friendly get together for some shooting qualifies as a sport.

One thing to remember is that local PTAs are not the same as the national PTA. Check with your local (even down to individual school level,) to see if they agree. I'll bet that in some areas, especially down to the local school level, you won't get such a black-and-white answer.

And what the heck is "non-sporting ammunition" and "assault weapon ammunition"? Wouldn't (by their definition) they be the same, therefore no tax since it would be banned outright?

I do agree with the "spousal abuse and child abuse" part - but I'd like to know what convictions for those wouldn't be a felony already...

Here is a link to their official statement on the 2nd Amendment

<broken link removed>

National PTA supports the following specific policy recommendations:
&#8226; Mandatory license to purchase a firearm
&#8226; Mandatory three day waiting period and background check to purchase a firearm,
&#8226; Prohibition on the sale of more than one handgun per month to any individual
&#8226; Prohibition of firearm purchase and possession by those convicted of spousal abuse and
child abuse
&#8226; Mandatory increased annual license fee for any firearm retailer
&#8226; Reenactment and expansion of federal ban on the sale and possession of military-style
assault weapons.
&#8226; Federal ban on non-sporting ammunition
&#8226; Establish federal tax on assault weapon ammunition
&#8226; Mandatory restrictions on Internet firearms sales, including restrictions on materials
used to make/modify guns

As a teacher, I get their monthly newsletter, which I just unsubscribed from and proceeded to send them a nasty note as to why I will no longer be a member of their organization. I also let them know that if they wanted to keep students safe, money would be better spent on encouraging counseling services. Our middle school counselors have 700 students each. There is no time for "counseling". It's all scheduling and behavior issues. Why don't they have trainings for teachers on how to recognize potentially mentally ill students and how to refer them for an evaluation? Why don't they offer parents resources for their children if they suspect something is not quite right? Those are things that would have a better impact than disarming honest American citizens.

Anyway, I'm sure most of you suspected this was their opinion, but here it is in black and white. I told them in my email that I would be letting everyone know what their position is.

If PTA org really wanted to make a difference then they would be demanding changes in this countries mental health laws.

The thing is, they have noble goals. They just want to reduce violent crimes. The sad part is they think gun control will do this.

I think everyone would like to see crime reduced, but in reality I believe their primary driving emotions are fear of the weapons themselves and distain for the people that own them. Remember the 'bitter clingers' remark.

Keith

My wife and I got into a huge fight about gun control and gun safety after she was talking to her PTA friends one night. They got her believing that guns should be banned and nobody should own them. Took her to the FBI's website and showed her real crime stats on how gun bans make zero difference on getting rid of crime. If anything crime would skyrocket. Last time when them bubblegumes came over I was cleaned a couple handguns on the kitchen table and one of them piped up. I had to ask if whe was willing to put a "Gun Free Zone" sign in her front window?

My wife and I got into a huge fight about gun control and gun safety after she was talking to her PTA friends one night. They got her believing that guns should be banned and nobody should own them. Took her to the FBI's website and showed her real crime stats on how gun bans make zero difference on getting rid of crime. If anything crime would skyrocket. Last time when them bubblegumes came over I was cleaned a couple handguns on the kitchen table and one of them piped up. I had to ask if whe was willing to put a "Gun Free Zone" sign in her front window?

Yeah these are the kinds of friends that will turn you in as a gun freak.
You did better than me,I wouldn't have let them in my house

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads