JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Honestly, would they rather him leave his firearms in the car where they are more likely to be stolen?

His girlfriend and kids with him? I bet the window didn't even open.

Honestly, would they rather him leave his firearms in the car where they are more likely to be stolen?
Maybe. You never know with politicians :rolleyes:

His girlfriend and kids with him? I bet the window didn't even open.
Yeah, but people, particularly hotel workers and management are quite twitchy ever since the Las Vegas massacre.

a rifle with a laser sight, a handgun and ammunition — were found on the sill of a 12th-floor window

While I am glad they decided to let this go the article has me wondering a LOT. He packed the rifle by accident? :confused:
I could see maybe packing a hand gun by accident but packing a long gun this way is quite a stretch for me.
Next that once he realized he had accidentally packed these guns he decides a good idea would be to lay them on the window sill for the cleaning people to find.:confused:
Again media being what it is who knows if any of this is true but, if it is the guy sounds like an idiot. As Stomper mentioned I wonder if he got the guns back? My best guess is he will never see those guns again after this little screw up.

a rifle with a laser sight, a handgun and ammunition — were found on the sill of a 12th-floor window

While I am glad they decided to let this go the article has me wondering a LOT. He packed the rifle by accident? :confused:
I could see maybe packing a hand gun by accident but packing a long gun this way is quite a stretch for me.
Next that once he realized he had accidentally packed these guns he decides a good idea would be to lay them on the window sill for the cleaning people to find.:confused:
Again media being what it is who knows if any of this is true but, if it is the guy sounds like an idiot. As Stomper mentioned I wonder if he got the guns back? My best guess is he will never see those guns again after this little screw up.
I was thinking the same thing.

How do you accidentally pack a rifle and ammo to go on a trip to propose to your girl?

I'm guessing dude was just prepping to go to Chicago and a rifle and handgun would be proper gear to bring lol.

Dude is lucky he didn't get f'ed in the A over that ordeal.

I was thinking the same thing.

How do you accidentally pack a rifle and ammo to go on a trip to propose to your girl?

I'm guessing dude was just prepping to go to Chicago and a rifle and handgun would be proper gear to bring lol.

Dude is lucky he didn't get f'ed in the A over that ordeal.
Maybe he was going to take her to one of the indoor or ourdoors ranges? 🤔

Note that the gun owner hate is happening in many places (and industry wide).
Asked about Mendez's experience, an MGM spokesperson said that "Nothing is more important than the safety and security of our employees and guests, and we take every situation and complaint seriously," and noted that firearms are banned from all MGM Resorts properties.

Taken from: https://fortune.com/2023/10/21/hotel-housekeeper-guests-angry-throw-things-dirty-rooms-las-vegas/

Aloha, Mark
Well why didn't others think of this? To stop crime all you have to do is ban guns from the place. Hell why didn't banks do this decades ago? Just ban guns from the place and no one would be able to rob them.

Yeah.....I'm kind of getting more and more uncomfortable with the notion that.......

"Private Property" means the management/owner of a property can make up ANY and ALL of the rules for the property.

Aloha, Mark

On the flipside- It's lose /lose all around
If I were cleaning staff and saw his gear laid out, didn't report it then he does end up shooting into the crowd from the window, that would be a bigger cluster storm...So I don't blame them or the hotel.
Don't be the guy that displays your guns in plain sight for the hotel staff to see....

Last Edited:
On the flipside- It's lose /lose all around
If I were cleaning staff and saw his gear laid out, didn't report it then he does end up shooting into the crowd from the window, that would be a bigger cluster storm...So I don't blame them or the hotel.
Don't be the guy that displays your guns in plain for the hotel staff to see....
I don't like to advertise my firearms ownership or thoughts. Nope. Not even......an NRA bumper sticker.

BUT, But, but.....walking into a motel/hotel with a rifle case is kind of obvious. Yup.....been there and done that (in the past). IMHO, it's just safer than leaving them in the vehicle. Especially in those high crime cities.

+++++++++++++

Awwwwww........Come on Man
Even thieves have to make a living.

Is that you Brandon?

+++++++++++++

Then.....
Remember the thread.......
Where the hotel security showed up a guest's hotel room door? Rrrright.....to do a search for guns.

Hummm, I wonder.....did HUD do that too?

Aloha, Mark

Remember the thread.......
Where the hotel security showed up a guest's hotel room door? Rrrright.....to do a search for guns.

Hummm, I wonder.....did HUD do that too?
Mark, I've lived in Section 8/HUD housing for more than 10 years; they've never searched for guns. Where we currently live right now, is similar to Sec 8 but "Rural" and they've never checked for guns either. Not even drugs as far as I can tell of my neighbors and other places in the past. Only thing they care about is making sure we aren't like hoarders/trashing the apartments by excessively damaging the walls, cabinets and floors. Also, making sure we're all still alive to pay rent and bills :rolleyes:

Mark, I've lived in Section 8/HUD housing for more than 10 years; they've never searched for guns. Where we currently live right now, is similar to Sec 8 but "Rural" and they've never checked for guns either. Not even drugs as far as I can tell of my neighbors and other places in the past. Only thing they care about is making sure we aren't like hoarders/trashing the apartments by excessively damaging the walls, cabinets and floors. Also, making sure we're all still alive to pay rent and bills :rolleyes:
THE reality vs theory......

So, I guess you don't remember when?

So....
Why was there even a Law?

BUT, But, but......
In the first place, just having a Law surely sent the message?

LOL.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
RE : Housing in "Public Housing"

1697918499360.png

Aloha, Mark

PS.....NOT saying that there was a reward. BUT perhaps you can see the handwriting on the wall?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews