JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Same way as Hi Point :D

And ProMag makes the only 'hi cap' magazine for Hi Points....seems a match made in heaven. Though supposedly if you use the ProMag in the Hi Point, it will void your lifetime warranty with Hi Point o_O

Did a little Google search and found something interesting - ProMag 32 round magazine for M&P 9mm rated 4.5 stars on CTD. So who buys ProMag? Apparently people that still shop at CTD - probably give them high praise too.

I enjoyed this little description of the magazine on CTD's site:

Year after year, ProMag has increasingly become one of the leading manufacturers of firearms magazines in the world. Gun enthusiasts and law enforcement personnel have agreed, be it for recreational "plinking", competition shooting, or law enforcement, Promag is the source you can count on.

Promag Industries' double-stack 32-round magazine for the Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm pistol is for those situations where more is definitely better.This M&P magazine is constructed from blued-steel that has been heat-treated. ProMag uses a spring wound from heat-treated chrome-silicon wire for strength and reliability that won't lose its tension no matter how long the magazine is left loaded. DuPont's Zytel polymer; a material both lightweight and heat-resistant enough for use in car engines; makes up the follower, lock plate and base plate of the magazine.

:s0140:

I have the same experience as CountryGent with the metal mini 14 20 round mags, they work just as well as the factory mags, but the 10 rounders and the polymer 20s would not even chamber a round, much less feed after firing. I read that with a file, you could make them work, but it wasn't worth it to me. I tried a few for a LCP, and promptly round filed them. Don't think I'm going to give them any more chances.

Curiosity piqued, I went searching for it.
Dungannon i am proud to report I am only half of the problem. :D

Not too sure why I still have it but here's a pic 1509674721748-31413836.jpg

Companies like this stay in business because a sucker is born every second. And nowadays two per second.
With long pistol mags, sometimes the springs are very tight. In my experience leaving the magazine loaded half way for a few days gives the spring flex and helps with feed issues. I do this with aftermarket mags that have tight spring.
I would also pull the mags part and check make sure the springs are the same length.
I have had to cut and bend spring in the past to get after market mags to run properly.

I'm leaning more towards what boboclown suggests.
Too many people angrily toss their products in the garbage can; but don't post feedback with the seller.
That's just my guess.;)
i'll tell them.
Companies like this stay in business because a sucker is born every second. And nowadays two per second.
With long pistol mags, sometimes the springs are very tight. In my experience leaving the magazine loaded half way for a few days gives the spring flex and helps with feed issues. I do this with aftermarket mags that have tight spring.
I would also pull the mags part and check make sure the springs are the same length.
I have had to cut and bend spring in the past to get after market mags to run properly.
being as I had it half loaded and it was that way for a day prior, I don't think that will work for me... I get where you're coming from, but it isn't worth it to me when the mag pops out while recycling. I can never trust it. Hence the return. I'll probably get some Pmags and or amo instead, knowing that works.

Very few things from promag work well.

Ive had only two that worked for me:
A Ruger P89 magazine
And
A few Saiga .308 (20 & 10rnd) magazines.

Aside from that everything has sucked.

Even companies that make crap is bound to make something good.

Very timely thread.

Just the other day I was trying to organize some stuff and came across a 30+ rd ProMag mag for my P229 that I had forgot I even had. I don't think I ever tested it, so I loaded it up and just now went out to shoot it. Saw this thread this AM.

I could only fit 29 or 30 rounds in it, which is fine. Put one in the chamber and then loaded the mag into the gun and shot it.

No problemo. Of course, before I trust it completely, I would do that at least 3 or 4 more times.

Always, always, always test a gun and a mag before trusting the gun and mag. Even big name manufacturers have problems:

SIG P227 TACOPS - 14 rd. mag problems

PS - just sitting here typing this and delivery man delivers targets I ordered. Almost perfect timing.

Lucky. Mine is an hour away. :(

My problem is that the max distance of my range is 50 yards. For a handgun that is ok, for a rifle not so much.

My next property I will give more thought to such issues, although having a range is not the most important factor. My current property has a length of 300 yards along one property line, but it is forested and not level, so the best I can do and maintain safety while having a clear line of sight, is about 50 yards.

family member AGAINST ADVISE insisted on promag Saiga 12g drums.....

besides having to modify the lips to mount & lock on the Saiga, guess what else didn't work right?

ok, ok, maybe the stick 12g mags all worked *sort of* but not as good as the OEM metal version, he sent back over half of the drum mags he couldn't live without....

don't fall for the video yoootooobe as that wasn't the scenario we had to work with for months before getting even ONE of the damn 20 round mags to make one complete cycle without jamming....

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top