JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a 32 rnd magazine for my P226 and only fired 3 shots through it before I decided it was garbage...
Same malfunction every shot. The mag would eject and the next round would be pinched by the slide while trying to feed. Same thing, all three times.
I bought it at cabelas months ago and of course tossed the receipt.
Will cabelas credit me for a return even tho I have no proof of purchase from them? This seems to be the best option for me.
Will the ProMag warranty cover this?
Is there anything they make for $25 worth buying?

What can I do with this garbage?

That was helpful! LoL

Sorry bro, I realize I wasn't the most helpful there. It's been my limited reading and experience that ProMag products are way out of factory specs and shouldn't be relied upon for personal defense or even enjoyable range use.

Ah heck, ProMag sucks!

I will note one exception to the ProMag is crap rule - the 25 round magazine they make for the Marlin 795/7000. They actually work and are very reliable. Seems to be the only ProMag that isn't complete garbage.

Got two ProMag magazines for my LC9s on eBay. Turns out they work only in the LC9, not the LC9s. Every other manufacturer's mags work in both. ProMag is the only one that doesn't. They are garbage. I threw them away.

I would have to agree that ProMag products are a waste of time and money. You might want to feel you were lucky; you could have ordered a dozen or more!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Only mag I've ever broken; promag for ak.

Sorry friend, I should have posted an apb!

I only use factory magazines in my autoloading pistols and bolt guns.

My experience with ProMags are decidedly mixed ...

The Ruger Mini-14, 20-round, steel (not the plastic version) run like a fricken top in my rifle; as good or better than OEMs. Before Ruger started selling their's to the public in 2005, it was my main source. And we've got about a dozen of them, though now I don't bother, because, well, OEM.

Some mags for pocket autos were more or less fine. Eh, the rest (pistol, rifle, etc.), ranges from barely passable to throw it directly in the trash can and stop wasting your time, heavily weighted toward the latter. There is a reason ProMags have a bad, very bad reputation, in general. As such, with most cases, I'd avoid them, but there are some exceptions. YMMV.

P.S. A 32-round P226 mag? Oh .... yah, not surprised that didn't work.

Last Edited:
I've got several of ProMag's ten rounders for 45acp/1911. So far I've got nothing but good things to say about them. But to be fair, you can just beat on 1911 mags with a hammer until they work right. (Your mileage may vary...).
Have you contacted ProMag? They advertise enough, I'm sure that they would be interested in resolving your issue.

I tried calling tonight, but it seems I will have to try before 4:30pm.
General consensus seems to be that ProMag is garbage, with a few exceptions.

And yeah, I guess if I need a 30 round pistol mag I should get a Glock...

I'm just bummed that I can't even use this as a range toy.

$25 isn't bad for a lesson, I've had many lessons in my life that were substantially more (thousands). Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. Not sure what cabelas would do but doesn' hurt to ask. Other wise I'd just move on and be glad it was only $25.

Their tools are just as crappy as their mags. I knew better but was in a hurry because I needed and spanner style wrench and my Magpul armorers tool is a closed design, so I picked up a ProMag AR stock wrench from a LGS, complete sh**. I'll never waste money on anything ProMag again.

Luckily cabelas will do a non-receipt return for the lowest marked price and place funds on a gift card... or a straight exchange (like i'd do that lol).
Lesson #2: Cabelas will try to take care of me!

I'ma buy amo or fishing gear! XD

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top