JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I want the underbed storage. Won't work with my current bed frame.

No personal experience with this product, but the knock off pistol concealing wall shelf from cabelas/bass pro is straight trash.
My buddy just threw one out during a move . They gave up on keeping a firearm in it . The only reason it hadn't dumped it earlier is that it was being used as a simple shelf.

Look around your house, would a mirror (or such) that extends out 2.5 -3 inches from wall stand out and draw undue attention to it's self?

I looked at this about 5 years ago and pondered. Since I procrastinated and every crook and their brother knows about these units I'll pass.

For those kinds of prices, I'd just make the relatively short leap to another safe.
This. Not only are those mirrors and such kind of a gimmick but they offer little to no actual security protection. Let alone fire protection.

For those kinds of prices, I'd just make the relatively short leap to another safe.
Kind of my thinking too.

That or an in the wall unit and a regular something covering it flush.

This is just my opinion...

Those concealment mirrors/shelves/etc., are common enough at this point that many people know what they are...particularly thieves.

Most of those operate off of some type of "key." Often times it's a magnet. But that means you have to carry and keep the key on you, or find a double super secret place to hide the key. And then if crap is hitting the fan, you gotta get the key before you can open the thing.

I'm more of a fan of a steel lock box with a mechanical simplex lock (no batteries or electronics). This could either be a standard lock box that you put into a drawer or closet or you could so something like this...a lock box hidden behind a picture or mirror...

Got a sawzall? Cut a hole in your wall and cover with a regular mirror. Nearly free.

One can make/modify shelving if they're handy.

When was the last time you saw a gimmicky commercial product the was actually well built? They'll take your money and laugh to the bank

Some YouTube 'r had posted up using a mirror to help conceal his door to a "hidden" gun room, which had a safe inside of it.

Thought that was kind of a neat idea.

Edit- Found the video I was thinking on:

IMO, these are about quick access without being obvious, not for hiding them from thieves, etc.. Seems having your shotgun leaning next to the front door is considered anti social these days...

I have a couple of Tactical Traps shelves. They are well constructed and they work for the use I stated above. One is above the headboard of my bed, and the other near the front entry. Mount just like any other floating shelf but with prejudice since they will need to support the firearms and not just a few nick nacks. If I had time for woodworking I'd have made my own concealment, not necessarily as shelves.

Don't forget to change out the batteries on a regular basis, just like smoke alarms, since they are electrically operated.

I suppose since every theif already knows about them it might be fun to rig one with a flash-bang.

They have a place, but are not for everybody.

Didn't think about batteries. I usually opt away from things that need batteries.

Looking around some I think this might be a better solution.

I might be able to rig up a mirror or picture on a hinge in front of it.

I do like the cosmetics of the shelves. I feel that though they are "known" like many here have stated, that if done up in a way not to be obvious, I doubt anyone would really know what it was.

Didn't think about batteries. I usually opt away from things that need batteries.

Looking around some I think this might be a better solution.

I might be able to rig up a mirror or picture on a hinge in front of it.

I do like the cosmetics of the shelves. I feel that though they are "known" like many here have stated, that if done up in a way not to be obvious, I doubt anyone would really know what it was.
They aren't to hide them from the thieves. They are so mil MIL or others don't freak out because I have quick access to guns. It only takes about 5 seconds for your front door to be broken down during a home invasion. If it;s in a safe you won't get to it.

My living room chair has electric assist. I don't use it, but I do have an inside the pants holster in the side pocket where the controller goes.

They aren't to hide them from the thieves. They are so mil MIL or others don't freak out because I have quick access to guns. It only takes about 5 seconds for your front door to be broken down during a home invasion. If it;s in a safe you won't get to it.

My living room chair has electric assist. I don't use it, but I do have an inside the pants holster in the side pocket where the controller goes.
I figure as much. They are basically out of sight out of mind, type thing for those unknowing. My point was that if done well, I'd highly doubt a thief would take notice either. Lots here are making the point that this look for these? Maybe that's what they are saying, I think they are giving thrives a lot more credit that they deserve. This would not be my only security feature, just an additional for something I'd like to have closer to the entrance way.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top