JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been puzzled by the prices of AKs in recent years. Admittedly, it is not a market I follow, for a variety of reason. With a few notable exceptions, I wouldn't consider them "garbage guns" by any stretch, but I am not getting how the prices for them has increased so dramatically compared to back in the day.
Cheap kits dried up long ago. US produced AKs suck bubblegum. So you are stuck with new production from former soviet blocks who still have the old machinery, which is wearing out. Costs of everything from labor to materials to shipping have gone up 2-3x in the last twenty years. Inflation. Lower production numbers due to countries moving towards AR and similar 5.56 rifles.

That's why an AK is expensive.

with the revolution of 3D printing ,most "kit" junk guns (tec 9 ) are being bought up left and right.
it is not shill bidding as the early tec 9 i had sold for 3X what i paid for the kit and the USPS MO was good, there is a panic going on and kits and 3D printing are just parts of the same panic to BUY BUY BUY

I think gunbroker is full of shill bidders honestly.
Yup. I have known more than one FFL who either bid on his own auction or had employees do it for them. The one that made me most pissed was when they were bidding up a firearm they were selling that they knew one of their regular loyal customers was also bidding on.

Lets hope when this is all over, all these guns are sold back into the system and we the real enthusiasts can get them at discounted prices. Keep your spare change adding up. At the end I feel a PTR 91 in my life.... if I can get it for a decent price... LOL

I think gunbroker is full of shill bidders honestly.

I've long considered that. Seems the key is to have a specific price in mind of what is the cut off, makes walking away easier when it goes over that price - also - finding items that have no bids or 1 bid and waiting for the last 15 minutes and hopefully catching someone not paying attention.

I've noticed auctions that end late at night or early in the morning are more likely to be better deals.

I had to laugh at this because I've been trolling proxibid looking at 308s and .40 pistols. And I see used guns going for new prices + internet premium + sales tax + a half dozen other made up fees + shipping.

Then I got on here and saw one person post about a dozen guns in one day. All ones I saw on auction last week, and using the same photos from the auction.

I highly doubt he's the first one to do it.

Not really "garbage guns"...but more of a traditional lower price gun...
Lately it seems as if those old Stevens and H&R single shot shotguns have been going for "gold"

Now I realize that the days of these going for around $75 for a very good to excellent one are long gone....
But I have seen them being sold , sold mind you , not just the asking price , of around $200-$300 for a Stevens and $175 - $250 for an H&R...
Neat guns and I like to hunt and shoot with 'em...but still....

Also the price of production , used muzzle loaders have gone up as well....
Which I can understand for a good quality one like Uberti , Thompson Center , Pedersoli....but some of the iffy quality ones made by Giuseppe the Unknown , late Friday night or after the hang over Monday , using parts which were made and polished by drunken monkeys....are going for top dollar too....:eek:
Andy
You think those prices are insane, I can remember Winchester Model 37's going for $400-$500 (especially "Steelbilt" red letter guns!).
I think they're closer to $200 now, but I just look at those prices now and shake my head.
Insane.

I oft receive false positives whilst searching on Gunbroker for whatever the present antics I'm engaging in. I actually saw one of those ghastly, Cobray, manually select, crude (to put it very charitably), double-barrel .45LC/.410 going for over $700. W ... T ... F? :confused:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top