JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
_Progun-Talking-Dos-and-Donts_a.jpg

"Don't rely on logic and facts...
Most of the anti-gun animus is driven by emotion,"

:s0092:but,

Then the "DO" side presents examples of how to use...
...logic and facts.

:s0054: We are so screwed;)

(just funning with ya...actually I think it makes some sense...
I'd add, "be patient with them, it won't be easy or quick. You're probably going to be the only reasonable voice they're exposed to"

Last Edited:
I think this deserves more attention. I've been in the trenches of Portland fighting to sway hearts and minds for most of my life, and this is spot on :)

Unfortunately I'm usually witness to fellow gun owners drawing from the Don't category when trying to convince others :(

It is difficult to talk about guns with folks who do not like guns.... especially if you are verbally attacked or accused of things you would never do.

Remember to:
Stick to facts
Do not use a snappy come back or tired old cliche as a answer to a remark or question

Also keep in mind , that in this day and age , you will more than likely be recorded....And that like it or not when you talk about guns , show your guns or use your guns , you speak for all gun owners.
Rightly or wrongly you will be held accountable for every misdeed that has been done , by someone who used a gun.
How you are viewed may affect many other gun owners and their next interaction with a non gun person.
So be careful in what you say or do when talking , or using your gun.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads