Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Problems surfing NWFA ???

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by MWS, Jul 10, 2009.

1. MWS

MWS Oregon City,OR Member

I've been having trouble surfing the NWFA's web site and out of EVERYTHING on the web. NWFA is the only site that I have trouble with. I've had many people look at my computer either through a tech being in my home and other tech's as well and I gave Microsoft control over my computer and several tech looked through it. I can open some threads and others I can not. I can leave feedback for some people and others I can not. Sometimes...if someone leaves me feedback I can go through there feedback that was left and leave one for them. I have talk with the people that I have need to talk with on this site but I was wondering if ANYONE else was having the same problem and if so...Hopefully you can open this thread. Thanks for reading.

Also.. Sometimes when I start a thread I can not open it back up but so far I can this one.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  2. Keane

Keane Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Define 'cannot open it back up'? What happens when you click on the thread?

have you tried a different web browser?

3. MWS

It will take me to a search result page on these web brousers , Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Flock, Maxthon2, Google Chrome , MSN and Safari. The ONLY brouser that I can do limited NWFA surfing with is AOL.

4. MWS

Anything that will not open on AOL will take me to a search page.

5. Keane

Odd... The best way to see whats going on would be to take a look at the server logs on NWFA. Otherwise, I'd do some sort of packet tracing on your computer, to see whats going on.

6. MWS

Thank you for the info but I have no clue on how to do that.

7. Keane

Yeah, it was more of a hint to the Mods, Joey/owner of the server would have to do it.

Packet-sniffing isn't too hard, but reading them isn't easy. There is a program called WireShark (http://www.wireshark.org/) that lets you set it up pretty easily.

8. MWS

WOW...I don't know who did what but I'm able to surf NWFA now using any web brouser with lighting speed... It REALLY bothers me that I missed out on a lot of deals over such a simple fix.

9. MWS

Thanks Keane

10. Keane

lol, I actually didnt do anything, but your welcome anyway :)

11. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Good to hear this was resolved ;)

12. MWS

THANK YOU .... JoeyLink