JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Don't forget to vote this year. It's just as important to combat all of this anti-gun bs.

Oregon's closed primary election is on May 15, 2018 (Meaning you must be registered to vote in the party in witch your choice of candidate is in. April 24th is the last day to register to vote or change party affiliation. Registration cards postmarked by this date or submitted online no later than 11:59 pm will be valid), and the general election is on November 6, 2018. The candidate filing deadline was March 6, 2018 . A total of 16 seats out of the chamber's 30 seats are up for election in 2018.

List of 2018 Republican Candidates & their Credentials
https://secure.sos.state.or.us/orestar/cfFilings.do?sort=asc&cfSearchButtonName=sort&by=OFFICE

Find your district and who represents you.
Legislator Lookup
Search for your Oregon legislators :: Your Government - The Oregonian

Update your registration or register to vote
Oregon Secretary of State: My Vote

DO NOT SIGN Initiative Petition 43 or 44

Share and remind every gun owner you know.
5_AhSG.png?auto=format&bg=FFF&chromasub=444&fit=max&fm=pjpg&ixlib=php-1.2.0&q=50&usm=10&usmrad=2.jpg

Great post Bunny. Just a note: Reigstered voters can switch to the Republican Party (by APR 24th) to vote in the primary and then switch back afterword's. As for the November general election you can vote for anyone you want. Having said that, I strongly urge all third party members to join us because we have much more power in numbers. According to the statistics of the 2016 general election third party votes only counted for 5.7% of the total votes. This means there is no way a third party candidate can possibly win, however, by adding them to the republican votes for same year it became a very close race with 50.7% Dems to 49.2% combining Republican and third party votes. We need to get dead serious about this election. If we combine our efforts and call for a record turn out we may stand a chance. If we do not most likely Governor Brown will be re-elected. Which no legal gun owner wants!!!

Done!

I hope people will remember that Boquist SPONSORED and voted for the 2017 gun grabbing bill, and Buhler voted with the Dems on the 2018 gun grabbing bill.

I hope so too. Unfortunately, a lot of voters seem to think that any Red candidate will do. I keep telling people how important this primary election (May15th) is to our second amendment rights here in Oregon. If we get stuck with Knute Buehler come November we will be surly screwed. He is nearly as bad as Kate Brown as he has already voted against his own party at least twice as an Oregon legislator. I have also tried to get voters to understand that if we don't combine our votes we will most likely see Brown re-elected as Governor. If we are going to win this we need every vote we can get for a Republican candidate like Greg Wooldridge, Sam Carpenter or Bruce Cuff. I know that I have been repeating myself given my other posts but we must stand together. Divided we fall. I will ask again and again, please do not throw away your Libertarian, Independent or Constitutional party vote. Please switch your affilitaion over and join us. One day we may have a more than the two parties system working for us but unfortunately it currently just divides us who share many of the same goals/ideals only to help the democratic party win.

Last Edited:
You would think that with the Ballots mailed right to them that everybody would vote. But so many people just can't find the time or care to do so. #43 will affect all most every gun owner with an semi-auto hand gun shot gun or rifle. People wake-up or loose your rights.

my mom went to school with sam carpenters brother she said "theyre very conservative gun people"

he gets my vote.

Mine too!

For the 1st time in my life; putting up a sign in my "yard"; at the bottom of my driveway..only two wealthy Left-leaning families past us on a dead end road, but they hire-out and deliver-in for everything...so, lots of working people in the service industry go by all day, and every day.

Yesser, Sam Carpenter gets my vote.

Mine too!

For the 1st time in my life; putting up a sign in my "yard"; at the bottom of my driveway..only two wealthy Left-leaning families past us on a dead end road, but they hire-out and deliver-in for everything...so, lots of working people in the service industry go by all day, and every day.

Yesser, Sam Carpenter gets my vote.

Ok, I have a few more thoughts on the upcoming primary. I really want to give Cpt. Greg Wooldridge my vote but since I have found more voters who will vote for Sam Carpenter I believe I should give it to him instead. We can not have this piece of crap Buehler as our Republican Gubernatorial candidate come November. We would be better to rally around one good candidate rather than dividing our votes. All 2A supporters need to vote Republican regardless of our party beliefs if we do not want Gov. Brown to be re-elected. As I have mentioned here in previous posts, please switch over to the Republican party before April 24th and vote. I hope if we can all get behind Sam Carpenter we will stand a chance. When the primary is over you can switch back to your original party but please stay the course and vote for our Republican candidate come November. It is imperative that we stick together. We must stand as one or divided we all fall.

Last Edited:
Great post Bunny. Just a note: Reigstered voters can switch to the Republican Party (by APR 24th) to vote in the primary and then switch back afterword's. As for the November general election you can vote for anyone you want. Having said that, I strongly urge all third party members to join us because we have much more power in numbers. According to the statistics of the 2016 general election third party votes only counted for 5.7% of the total votes. This means there is no way a third party candidate can possibly win, however, by adding them to the republican votes for same year it became a very close race with 50.7% Dems to 49.2% combining Republican and third party votes. We need to get dead serious about this election. If we combine our efforts and call for a record turn out we may stand a chance. If we do not most likely Governor Brown will be re-elected. Which no legal gun owner wants!!!
A great example of this is the recent PA US House special election race between Conor Lamb(D) and Rick Saccone (R). The race was decided by 627 votes with 1,486 votes going to the Libertarian and Unaffiliated write-in.

Ok, I have a few more thoughts on the upcoming primary. I really want to give Cpt. Greg Wooldridge my vote but since I have found more voters who will vote for Sam Carpenter I believe I should give it to him instead. We can not have this piece of crap Buehler as our Republican Gubernatorial candidate come November. We would be better to rally around one good candidate rather than dividing our votes. All 2A supporters need to vote Republican regardless of our party beliefs if we do not want Gov. Brown to be re-elected. As I have mentioned here in previous posts, please switch over to the Republican party before April 24th and vote. I hope if we can all get behind Sam Carpenter we will stand a chance. When the primary is over you can switch back to your original party but please stay the course and vote for our Republican candidate come November. It is imperative that we stick together. We must stand as one or divided we all fall.
You hit the nail on the head my brother.

Agreed, this division is only helping the left which we all appose. Having said that, Kate Brown only won by less than 1% in 2016 election if you count the third party votes along with Republican votes.

Just an added note we now have (as of Feb) 100,000 plus new registered voters here in Oregon compared to 2016. It will be interesting to see which way they vote.
Our new "motor voter" law means people are automatically registered when they get their ODL. My guess is a lot of these new voters will skew to a younger demographic.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top