Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Private Background Check? Get the app.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Screwy, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Screwy

Screwy Suburban Clackamas County Active Member

An FFL is not interested in processing the transfer of our crappy third party guns and frankly shouldn't have to see or touch them. None of their feckin business and they would agree. The point is checking for felons. Cut the FFL out. Let us use an app if we want so we don't sell to Hannibal Lechter and we can do it from a parking lot for $10 paid by the felon. 1 yr Good guy certificate or valid CHL will do. Responsible sellers will use discretion when selling. Irresponsible parties will still act irresponsibly regardless.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  2. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

Sure, but you've just described why we don't need the law in the first place. I agree that it would be better than we have right now, and if the stuff we're working on now doesn't succeed it might worth trying for.

Redcap and Screwy like this.
  3. Screwy

I mean what's the FFL gonna do? Keep my gun? Ha, try it hombre. Take down the Buyer right there at the Glock Counter? I think Salem started early on the weed.

skeezix likes this.
  4. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Just don't try selling any loose cigarettes.

5. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Doesn't the current $10 only cover the intermediate OSP and other states go directly to NICS?

If we go to the source why do we need to pay?

tiggers97 likes this.
  6. Screwy

The OSP site says $10 for FFLs to access NICS. If it was more, I imagine the dealer would charge you more.