JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I imagine it varies depending on where a person lives, but personally I have not seen a single box of primers on the shelf of a retail store in the Seattle area (nor Ellensburg) for more than a year and I am in a store that sells firearms at least once a week (actually I take that back, the range I shoot at had large rifle primers for awhile).
I have acquaintances who line up at Cabelas in Marysville prior to opening on Wednesday mornings in order to try and buy ammo or reloading items. While it is possible to purchase primers occasionally, at close to normal prices, at least in the Puget Sound area it does not happen often during normal business hours.

I imagine it varies depending on where a person lives, but personally I have not seen a single box of primers on the shelf of a retail store in the Seattle area (nor Ellensburg) for more than a year and I am in a store that sells firearms at least once a week (actually I take that back, the range I shoot at had large rifle primers for awhile).
I have acquaintances who line up at Cabelas in Marysville prior to opening on Wednesday mornings in order to try and buy ammo or reloading items. While it is possible to purchase primers occasionally, at close to normal prices, at least in the Puget Sound area it does not happen often during normal business hours.
I generally concur. I've only been able to buy one brick at the usual big box stores like Cabela's, Bass Pro, Sportsmen's during the past six months. But other locations like Bi-Mart, Fisherman's, and certainly smaller/local gun stores have not only provided many more opportunities for primers and powders, but lower prices (e.g., $57/brick at Bi-Mart compared to the $72 brick at Cabela's). And it's interesting that gun stores in smaller eastern Oregon and Washington towns seem to increase your chances even more. Kind of an odd phenomenon, that.

I imagine it varies depending on where a person lives,
True. Been out of state every time I find something like that. Even locally when I stretch a ways out I never see powder or primers. At least at a reasonable price.

Asking for a friend. Are Tula primers worth the trouble? My friend saw some in Ohio.

True. Been out of state every time I find something like that. Even locally when I stretch a ways out I never see powder or primers. At least at a reasonable price.

Asking for a friend. Are Tula primers worth the trouble? My friend saw some in Ohio.
I have used quite a few Wolf primers without any issues. Both are manufactured by Murom in Russia, so don't expect to see any available in the future…

I have used quite a few Wolf primers without any issues. Both are manufactured by Murom in Russia, so don't expect to see any available in the future…
Just wondering as I need to use mil-spec triggers to reliably shoot Tula on my 7.62x39 AR. Not much trouble on Tula 5.56 but I rarely use it. Not sure if I added Tula primers to my growing stock of reloading supplies if they would be reliable.

What's the going rate for primers in WA stores now?
Whatever they are charging for the factory ammo those primers are seated in. :p Seriously, I haven't seen any primers on a shelf locally in many weeks. Kind of quit looking, as it seemed pointless. Last ones I saw (bought) were $48.99 at SW, but that was a while ago. :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top