JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sizzling deal on hot Fed 209A primers. $75 a brick. Fire up the 410.

Buy your two brick limit along with $100 worth of powder and use code MC2. You will walk out of there for about $255 shipped. They have longshot available.

Last Edited:
The CCI website shows suggested retail prices of $70 and $80 per thousand tonight.
Most likely that is a older p[aghe that has not been updated. During the crazy days of 2020/21 most places didn't bother to update because they would be doing it constantly. It is just not worth the time during panic buying and huge price fluctuations.

Most likely that is a older p[aghe that has not been updated. During the crazy days of 2020/21 most places didn't bother to update because they would be doing it constantly. It is just not worth the time during panic buying and huge price fluctuations.
That's the CCI corporate website, copyright at the bottom of the page says 2022. It's my impression that $70 to $80 is going to be the new normal for primers when they are in stock at regular retail establishments. For a while. Midway has them listed for $10 over MSRP. But doesn't have any.

I don't think we're going to see them for $30 again any time soon, if ever. If you find them at Sportsman's Warehouse, Bi-Mart, etc., for less than, say, $70, that's because they choose not to sell them for full retail. For however long that will last. But my guess is, you won't see them down to $30 again.

One thought I've had, anybody who can afford to own more than one gun and has reloading equipment can afford primers.

New primer facility in Texas is supposed to start shipping retail this summer.
Don't want to be a party pooper, but I will believe it when I see it. Also, if they do start shipping, I won't be surprised by triple digit price per brick + hazmat + shipping + WA state sales tax for us loyal subjects of King Jay. 🙄

The "new normal" price, wherever it lands, will have more to do with actual market forces, more than what anyone, manufacturer, retailer, or consumer, wants it to be.

If you look at historical prices and factor in inflation, you'll get some idea of what they will be if/when supply and demand finally normalize and shelves are full. My best guess would be $40 to $50 lowest retail, at best. That's IF we get another reprieve like the Trump years, where demand fell, shelves were full, and prices came down in order to move product. I think manufacturers can still make enough profit to stay in business at that price, so that's what they would eventually sell for if supply started to outpace demand.

Barring that happening, who knows?

We will see. I emailed them yesterday and that was what I was told.
More on the market can't be a bad thing.
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. This will be the first time in ages since a new, ground-up primer line has been set up in the US. The "regulars" have been at it for a long time with no new entries. CCI may have been the last company to set up a new primer line and that was circa 1970. It takes a while to get something like this going and perfected to the point that product can be released to the public. So I am skeptical about Summer 2022 Expansion Co. primers being available and on the market. But I'm hopeful, I'd like to see it.

I was looking through the classifieds, both open ads and locked ads. I noticed that nearly all of the primers listed that were less than a full brick have sold while many full bricks at the same price range of $10 per hundred have not sold. What is the attraction of partial bricks?

I was looking through the classifieds, both open ads and locked ads. I noticed that nearly all of the primers listed that were less than a full brick have sold while many full bricks at the same price range of $10 per hundred have not sold. What is the attraction of partial bricks?
For anyone like me, the thought of laying out a Benjamin or more for a brick of primers hurts. Maybe it stings less for folks to pay current prices by the sleeve?

I'm a stack them deep when they are cheap sorta guy, so I'm not actively buying primers at current asking prices since I still have inventory purchased prior. I've rarely bought primers by the sleeve ever. Maybe a brick at a time, or usually by the case of 5k or more.

Same as filling your vehicle when it's half a tank. Feels less painful.

Same as filling your vehicle when it's half a tank. Feels less painful.
I had the pleasure of filling up my Dodge Cummins diesel over the weekend. It was nearly empty. About 34 gallons later, the Costco fuel station attendant shared that I "almost" broke the record. With my wallet $169 lighter, I drove away.

I don't drive it much, so a tank of fuel lasts a while unless I'm traveling in it. Guess next time, I'll fill it up when it's half full :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top