JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got my $130 primary arms advanced micro dot in the mail, opened it up , turned it on, and the dot looks like a meteor shower coming down to earth. There is no dot , it is garbage, and I bought this directly from Primary Arms Ebay site. I don't understand why they try to resell products that they know are garbage. This does not help your brand, I will never buy or look at anything from Primary Arms ever again.

I would give them a call, the owner is very responsive and will take care of you. I used to have an older PA micro dot, and it compared very favorably to my Aimpoints. It is now on a friend's rifle, and still chugging along 6 years later. It looks like you got one that slipped through QC.

Mike. Reach out to primary arms. I own a handful of these, one went dead after a month of use. Called them, they replaced it very quickly. Good company to deal with.

Also it may be that the setting is too high, may need to adjust it to get the dot right?

Take a picture of the dot and see what it looks like.
I have this problem with all dots but my camera (phone) does not which could mean a stygmatism.
Problem is in my eyes?
Don't think a stymatism, ive used red dots before that looked great, and I did the test where you look at it and turn it or whatever,

I know of people who have used these PA dots no issues. You must have gotten a bad one. I bought a bad Aimpoint T1, which was quickly replaced by Aimpoint no issues since. These things happen at any price range.

2 of the 3 primary arms optics I bought were not good. So I've written them off as an option. The 3rd one, a x3 prism scope is doing ok, but like the other riflescope I had from them it has dust on the reticle. Not as bad as the first one but still lights up when the reticle light is turned on.

Its difficult to take a picture of it.
1ucfUIR.jpg

Holy cow.... that's like looking through the "floaters" most of us already have in our eyesight. o_O
This was the worse one. You can only see the big ones with the camera. If you turned the light on it lit up like stars in the sky. Very distracting. It was clear when I got it but this happened after the first shot. They recommended I hit it will a big rubber mallet to see if they fell away. made it worse.

2 of the 3 primary arms optics I bought were not good. So I've written them off as an option. The 3rd one, a x3 prism scope is doing ok, but like the other riflescope I had from them it has dust on the reticle. Not as bad as the first one but still lights up when the reticle light is turned on.

Its difficult to take a picture of it.
View attachment 304948
I would return that. That is pretty bad.

I haven't tried any of their scopes, just their red dots. So far so good, other than the one I had to return.

I figure, the Chinese are cranking these out in a factory over seas somewhere, likely not really caring too much about QC. However, PA does a pretty good job taking care of those that have this type of thing happen, so my guess is they know there is a % of the product making it to them that is simply no good.

I would return that. That is pretty bad.

I haven't tried any of their scopes, just their red dots. So far so good, other than the one I had to return.

I figure, the Chinese are cranking these out in a factory over seas somewhere, likely not really caring too much about QC. However, PA does a pretty good job taking care of those that have this type of thing happen, so my guess is they know there is a % of the product making it to them that is simply no good.
Yeah, they were going to replace it, but I did not want to pay shipping and I did not want another one.

From my experience with primary arms my impression is that you are buying a Chinese scope/sight with a lifetime warranty. If something goes wrong they are good at making things right. Not all junk from China is absolutely horrible but at least with primary arms you get a bit more peace of mind.

Also wanna add that one brand I've grown to really love is Vortex. I've owned some nice sights from eotech, aim point, and burris but recently after hearing such good things about Vortex I was curious to give them a try. With the unconditional lifetime warranty they are hard to beat and not to mention they make a quality product that is hard to beat for the money spent.

Also wanna add that one brand I've grown to really love is Vortex. I've owned some nice sights from eotech, aim point, and burris but recently after hearing such good things about Vortex I was curious to give them a try. With the unconditional lifetime warranty they are hard to beat and not to mention they make a quality product that is hard to beat for the money spent.
That's my experience too.

This is often a common first look with red dot that has a very small dot, especially unmounted, As noted by other post about Bushnell. Easy to check. If this is on an AR with rear sights look through the rear peep. If that clears it up I can walk you though how to make it clear in use. If you don't have a rear peep make a win hole in a piece of paper and look at the dot. You can email me directly and I will take care of you.

Marshall Lerner
CEO Primary Arms, LLC
Email: [email protected]

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR