JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a primary arms advanced micro dot on my AK and have been plenty happy with the purchase knowing that if I have an issue with it PA will take care of me. Many of my shooting buddy's that I shoot with have been happy also. Saying that, I have not heard of 1 optic manufacturer on the market that doesn't have a failure from time to time from PA to Aimpoints.

I know your selling point is your price on optics, but I'd pay a little more for some better QC on these.

Both the magnified scopes I got are full of dust. Here is my x3 prism. this one is not too distracting so Im still using it
View attachment 305083

The O-ring on my PA-AAMRG3 torn in half the first time I turned it on. installed incorrectly or no silicon grease.
View attachment 305084

You offered to replace my 4-14X44 FFP Scope with all the dust in it which I appreciate, but I decided against getting it replaced since I no longer had confidence of using one on one of my rifles. I did not want it to fail when needed. So I pulled out the objective lens and keep it in case I need to start an emergency fire.

I really like the ACSS reticle (the reason I bought the scope in the first place). I just wish it was in a higher end more reliable scope.

Most of their scopes are cheap junk made in China.

I am so pissed that our country has allowed manufacturing to decline so dramatically in our nation, and that so many products that we buy today are made in the Chinese communist dictatorship, where the most basic of human rights are badly abused every day.

Does anyone else see a conflict between espousing freedom, democracy, and the American way of life, and then buying stuff from a country where those very ideals are abused?

Hell will freeze over before I buy ANY firearms related products made in China. I've drawn a line in the sand at that point.

payne0711.0.jpg

Hell will freeze over before I buy ANY firearms related products made in China. I've drawn a line in the sand at that point.

I somewhat want to agree. Why just firearm related? Surely you have things that you use in your daily lifestyle that was made in China. It's all bottom food...err junk. Hell, most everything thing now days is manufactured NOT in the United States.

Do you have an astigmatism?

Sucks much for me and red dots, they all have halos and look like crap.

I too have bad astigmatism, and have also noticed these problem halos that you describe on many red dot optics.

However, there are definitely quality optics on the market that have no such issues. Problem is, to really get a fantastic scope with an awesome red dot reticle, it can cost you big dollars. I ended up splurging over $1,000 to get my Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x. But man, the image that sight gives you is so very high quality. Both the red dot and the circle in their BTR-1 reticle are super clear.

I never could find a store that had this scope in stock for me to examine. But I found it available online at B&H Photo, which has a customer satisfaction guarantee. They will give you a full refund on any return done in the first 30 days after purchase, and I have actually returned camera gear to them in the past under that guarantee.

I somewhat want to agree. Why just firearm related? Surely you have things that you use in your daily lifestyle that was made in China. It's all bottom food...err junk. Hell, most everything thing now days is manufactured NOT in the United States.

Well, that is the problem. With many things these days, it is all but impossible to buy something that is not made in China.

I predict that someday our country will woefully regret having moved so much of our manufacturing to China. It may not be that far off in the future too. We are now seeing lots of manufacturing moving to Mexico as well.

Eventually, something is going to give in our economy. We cannot continue to sustain these huge trade deficits. Sending all of these Billions of dollars out of our country will eventually come back to bite us.

Last Edited:
Going to be hard to not buy China products, alot of stuff we buy comes from there. Ever heard of wallmart?

Oh, I never claimed that I do not buy products from China. Only that I absolutely hate having nearly everything in our stores these days being made there.

You are correct that Walmart was a major force in getting more manufacturing moved to China. They played a significant role in bringing about this change.

There is NOTHING made in China that you HAVE to have. Country of origin is a consideration in every purchase I make. While I do occasionally by something Chinese, I usually look for an alternative product, buy it used so as not to contribute directly to their economy, or do without.

I can and will buy a Made in China product.

Just think of the irony, when one day......we use those same Chinese made products to launch bullets in their direction.

That is....IF Hillary doesn't take away our guns first.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I'm not one to blame the manufacturer. The race is driven by all of us, the consumer. As an example, consider where you live, and how long you've been there. How many retail business's folded up and are no longer there? They didn't just turn off the lights, close the door, and not go to work the next day. Shopping Malls, chain stores, and big box, they added to what use to be our convenience, locally. And since the internet come around, it's been killing our economy 10 fold. We, the consumer are our worst economic enemy. So manufacturers have to tighten up their belts. Other countries don't necessarily make a lesser product by choice.

I'm not one to blame the manufacturer. The race is driven by all of us, the consumer. As an example, consider where you live, and how long you've been there. How many retail business's folded up and are no longer there? They didn't just turn off the lights, close the door, and not go to work the next day. Shopping Malls, chain stores, and big box, they added to what use to be our convenience, locally. And since the internet come around, it's been killing our economy 10 fold. We, the consumer are our worst economic enemy. So manufacturers have to tighten up their belts. Other countries don't necessarily make a lesser product by choice.
It's certainly a conundrum. Decades ago, we were proud to sell our tooling, engineering, and education expertise to countries around the world. Now there are those with our capabilities but third world living standards and wages. It's tough to compete against someone happy to earn the equivalent of $5 day for their labor.

Several years ago, I saw an episode of Shark Tank where overseas manufacturing was an issue. The inventor was adamant about manufacturing his product in the U.S. The sharks all said that they simply would not invest in higher priced manufacturing because there was no up side. They were equally adamant about the investor deserving return on investment.

I don't pretend to understand macro economics and wonder what politicians, of any flavor, mean when they talk about bringing jobs, manufacturing, and markets back to the U.S. Are they talking about the $5 a day jobs that they have in Indonesia? Are they talking about the manufacturers that have zero environmental responsibility? I think back to a special I saw about people melting down circuit boards to recover precious metals. They were squatting around camp fires and holding the boards over a fire with sticks. Zero regard to heavy metal fumes or disposition. Certainly an extreme example, but something to think about.

I'm a big fan of Primary Arms. What made me a fan is their customer service. I believe I only ran into one issue when ordering the wrong part and I just sent it back for another. I've bought parts for 3 AR builds from their site. I also have their classic red dot with 3x magnifier, Primary Arms reflex sight, and their 4x14 FFP scope. All great products that they stand behind and will do right by their products.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top