JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have any doom and gloom perdictions? Im thinking we'll see double digit inflation, probably not hyperinflation, but the public is finially going to feel the double crunch of food and gas. Dow will go under 10k, silver will hit 60 an oz, gold will spiike to 2k an oz. We will have boots on the ground in either Lyb or Egypt. Gas will hit 5 a gallon. The fed will start jacking up the rates waaaay to late. Ammo prices will spike again.

Anyone else?
:s0112:

I think the DOW will drop below 7k, silver will exceed and stay above $100, inflation-creep will accelerate, and prepping will become more mainstream. Real Estate will become even more of a liability, reenlistment in all branches will drop further and gov will become more oppressive.

A doctor friend told me of the 80-10-10 rule: 80% of people are basically good, 10% are the kind of folks you want as friends, and the last 10% should be shot on sight. I think the 80% group will shrink, and the two 10% groups will grow as things worsen.

I would agree that UNPAID FOR real estate will be a liability. But if you own your property your increasing tax rate will eventually flatten out as values drop. If boots get dirty in Libya I see MASSIVE street protests, and perhaps more. But no deployment of ground forces would happen without a long and drawn out fight in Congress.....I would hope the Predators we surely have flying over Libya find Ka Daffy before we get to that point. Predictions of Dow crashes might be true..but you have to keep in mind even as the average person is suffering, corporate profits have never been higher, and the Dow is a reflection of how big business is doing. The multi-national corporations will continue to suck us dry until we are an empty shell then move on to China. China is where our eyes need to be as it has the resources and market that the big corporations need to survive. China will be the next target for corporate take over and we will see in the coming year forces applied to the populace there which will begin to undermine the Communist power structure. If you haven't already read John Perkins' "Secrets of an Economic Hitman" do so. You will see how recent event hold true to his life experience as a front man for the big money interests around the world. His follow up book: "The Secret History of the American Empire" is also very informative.

April, May, and June cooler than usual, but drier. Usual July and August, though maybe cool at the start of July. September and October a question mark. Usual November and December.

No prediction but this is what is happening now and where it will lead.

Oil runs the country so the cost of all commodities will go up with the cost of oil.

People will buy higher cost fuel but will not buy durable goods so the economy will fall.

Politics is all theatre so nothing will be done to protect your way of life.

Yall will finally get the "change" you voted for and richly deserve.

jj

No prediction but this is what is happening now and where it will lead.

Oil runs the country so the cost of all commodities will go up with the cost of oil.

People will buy higher cost fuel and less durable goods so the economy will fall.

Politics is all theatre so nothing will be done to protect your way of life.

Yall will finally get the "change" you voted for and richly deserve.

jj

Hmmmmm so you're assuming we all voted for Obama? You're an idiot.

:s0112::s0112::s0112: Well at least you could spell it. Too bad you couldn't have used your powers of observation and convince people to vote in a better direction.

jj

:s0112::s0112::s0112: Well at least you could spell it. Too bad you couldn't have used your powers of observation and convince people to vote in a better direction.

jj

Hey, YOU live on the LEFT side of the mountains..... I live on the RIGHT side of the mountains. Not many to convince over here. What's up with your side????? :huh:

:s0112::s0112::s0112: So now you are going to tell me there are no Californians over there?

Buy more ammo while you can still afford it, I predict you will make money on it.

jj

I predict oil will start trending down soon, within weeks - it's close to a high this year I believe (barring a huge terrorist attack in Saudi Arabia, CLK11.NYM crude futures stands at $112+ a barrel today, North sea Brent at $126+). House prices will soon stop falling around here. That's where I see the good news ending. Interest rates, loan rates and all kinds of inflationary prices will otherwise be rising up strongly. I don't see gold or silver dropping anytime soon, $2000 an ounce for gold (which hit $1480) doesn't seem unreasonable.

I have an ounce of gold bet that gas will hit $5.00 a gallon before the end of 2012, and think that might be money in the bank. Bigger money than now if I'm right:)

Same ol' gas and food way up, some folks will have to choose. Even tho lots more empty houses in nieghborhoods, the price of rentals will still be high. More folks may consider co-op housing arrangements, like us kids of the 60's did in the early 70's.
Weatherwise, lots a little rumbling earthquakes in the NW WYO, ID, MT junction, likely see something more substantial in the coming year. More snow in the mountains than we can handle, so floods, bad floods a coming. Very wet humid late spring early summer, more Nile virus outbreaks.

Silver at $60/ounce, or a 40% increase by Dec 2011. Beats getting 1-2% from a bank all day long. It is really a no brainer at this point since the dollar has cancer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top